Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Player Start. How Does It Work?

Hello Everyone

This post is to gather information on how a new player will start the game. The information i have may or not be official so please correct me with official information.

From resources i've glazed over, there will be 6 races, with 3 main starting gates.
2 races are set per main gate.
Will there be small towns at each of these gate? Are they the first nodes?
Factions are trying to be removed from this game and you decided on what node you want to side with, or what you want to do.
If these races are set to these main gates, will that mean early game, you kinda are set to a faction until you can access another node full of mix races?

What are your thoughts and or Official Information?

Comments

• Options
    I like to speculate that we'll get the 8 races. I'm not sure how they will approach it, but having people mixing the races over time would actually be interesting, it would be like seeing people developing different cultures within the game for a while.
  • Options
    I think all of this juicy stuff will be revealed in 5 days! I really hope they knock races out of the park. I'd like to see:

-Humans
    -Elves
    -Dwarves
    -Orcs

and the rest I love to see unique ideas like:

-lion people
    -lizard people
    -demon people
    -dragon people
    -treants
    -snake people (naga)
    -Satyrs
  • Options
    I would love to see a short race, similar to gnomes, goblins, halflings or the Asura from GW2. I know short races are punty, but I really like them.
  • Options
    Do we have an idea what the character creation process is going to be like? The character creator can sometimes make or break a game for me.
  • Options
    Ok, here's what we know so far regarding starting the game:

- There will be 8 races. 2 humans races, 2 Elven races, Dwarves and Orcs have been confirmed. The last 2 races remain unknown.
    - There will not be set factions like you see in WoW
    - All nodes start at level 0. If players do activities on a node it will level up and an encampment will appear. As the node levels up more this encampment will grow until it becomes a metropolis.

That is all. The rest of the stuff in the OP is pure speculation by the community.
  • Options
    I am also very curious about the start of the game. Will there be a node close to these gates? it seems natural that on most servers if there were the first major nodes would rise there. I kind of like the idea of a zone without a node for the starting area's. I think this would offer a much more varied experience across servers.
  • Options
    [quote quote=11637]Ok, here’s what we know so far regarding starting the game:

– There will be 8 races. 2 humans races, 2 Elven races, Dwarves and Orcs have been confirmed. The last 2 races remain unknown.
    – There will not be set factions like you see in WoW
    – All nodes start at level 0. If players do activities on a node it will level up and an encampment will appear. As the node levels up more this encampment will grow until it becomes a metropolis.

That is all. The rest of the stuff in the OP is pure speculation by the community.

[/quote]

Well said! Thanks for providing clarification. I'm looking forward to more information on Monday!