Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What should the game have, or not have to be successful?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [quote quote=12983]– Should be seriously good. Think BDO or better ???? I love character customisation and tend to spend a long long time customising my toon before getting anywhere near the game.[/quote]
    What I was referring when I said that the character customization should not allow for incoherent looking characters:
    Look at these <a href="http://origin.webcdn.theblackdesertonline.net/forum/service_live/monthly_01_2016/2015-12-20_108085364.thumb.JPG.a9301391f94cca96049571ce0ae6b381.JPG" target="_blank">body (link)</a> and <a href="http://i1.2pcdn.com/node14/image/article/201511/20/20151120020450a0e99vit799gkduj.jpg" target="_blank">face (link)</a>. I would like more a Elder Scrolls Online character editor. The boundaries are strictier so the character stay coherent.

[quote quote=12983]– No stupid lolly classes. They are borderline kiddy-fiddler most of the time and are just odd.[/quote]
    I agree whole heartedly. Also: no little girl "race".

[quote quote=12983]– No collect this item (that is 2 metres away) and bring it back to me quests.
    – As little as possible “go kill 20 of those mobs” quests
    – Kill mobs quests would be nice to have a vague location for the mob (such as “a giant yeti different to others has been seen to the West” however West is half the map. Promotes a bit more community interaction where locations get called out when spotted or hunt groups get created)
    – Interesting quest lines, preferably long chains that take you all over the world before completing.
    – I would like to see more vague quest objectives and less hand holding (location marking on maps etc). Would be good to be told something like “there is a guy in town called Steven who heard tell of a cache of gold somewhere, go see if you can find him and get him to talk to you about it” and then you go find the guy (you actually have to look for him) and then you need to get him to talk to ou by buying drinks or something…[/quote]

I would point to The Secret World. You can only have 1 main quest and 3 "classic" quests active.
    Stacking 30 unteresting quests at the village like WoW is bad design.

[quote quote=12983]– Classic races such as humans, dwarves, elves, orcs etc.[/quote]
    Would be nice to have original non-humanoid races. Beastmen, nagas, and some other monster-inspired ones.
  • Options
    I like most of the ideas I read so far, specially Skullflower's- short and on point! Don't like that some people can't stand the regular questing, yet there is no revolutionary ideas presented besides them to make it a thing.

I agree with idea that there shouldn't be dailys that you just HAVE to do them, before you can do everything else or otherwise you will fall behind in some measure.
    I also would like to feel rewarded for anything I choose to do equaly to everything else. For example if I decided I wanted to do thing
    ''A'' I would like it to advance me in some sort of way that I won't regreat not doing thing "B" instead. For ingame example- everyone is forced to do a trade run, because geathering won't get you enough gold/experiance, and traderuns will make you enough gold to get the materials you wanted to geather and some spare. Offcourse everything should be then as challenging as a Trade run, but atleast I would feel that my time invested in other things will benefit on a equal level.