Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Best MMO

Well after doing some research about the game it seems like this up incoming game will have a major impact on MMO's. Some refer to this game as "The end of WoW" or "WoW Killer". Now I'm like 99% of you guys and I'm super hyped about this game. The referral system is something unlike what most MMO's currently have in place. The new system not based on factions but on towns makes this game unique and unlike most MMO's. Now in my personal opinion I didn't like WoW but I do enjoy the aspects that it does have in its game. I feel like they take notes from many games such as World of Warcraft, Archeage, Guild Wars and many other popular MMO's currently on the market. This game so far is super hyped up and seems to be amazing. In my own personal opinion I feel like implementation will be the key to success or the nail in the coffin for this game. Many games are amazing and worth playing but at launch of the game the company messes up and ruins the game experience for everyone turning people away. If implemented right I feel like this game could possibly be the next best game to take over the market such as "Word of Warcraft" when it first came out. Let me know what you guys think! I'm hyped and can't wait but the initial implementation of the game should tell us if it's a "hero" or a "zero". Let me know what you guys think.

(Ps I typed this in my iPad so I'm sorry for any grammatical errors if any)

Comments

• Options
    First rule of MMOs is never get hyped. you will be disappointed.
    Second rule of MMOs is never expect a smooth launch, you will probably be disappointed.
    Third Rule of MMOs is that only WoW can kill WoW.

I want to believe that AoC can deliver its claims, but you have to understand how many times i have had hopes of deliverance only to receive mediocrity from numerous MMOs in the past that have either cashed in, under developed, lied, or died.

I am apprehensively going to kick start AoC, But after this I am done with MMOs one way or another.
  • Options
    I have to agree with you. I have heard the same claims from diffe net games. As far as WoW I think you're correct. WoW is unique and will most likely never die (Or any time soon). I also do agree with you about launch. I've gotten hyped at many games and been disappointed so I hope that intrepid does it right. I am wary of the fact that most games mess this part up but it seems like intrepid already has started off on the right foot.
  • Options
    Thats my fear aswell. Ashes of creation is unmarked territory in the history of mmo's and there already are a few 'next gen' games who failed by being overhyped. That's why i think they should not rush it because we all know what happens when this is the case *cough* no man's sky *cough*... but i do believe it's very important to involve the community as much as possible and by doing so, making sure the players get what they want (and pay for) as we are the eventual investors. It's a make or brake situation
  • Options
    I completely agree. This game is hyped but quite a bit but can it actually live up to that hype?
  • Options
    Short answer is...no

It cannot possibly satisfy every individuals expectations in a massive multiplayer platform.

All it has to do is deliver the best core value product it states to develop, and not get bogged down trying to satisfy everyone demands or agree to 'yes' everything the critics and public ask for.
  • Options
    Just like anything I think it all falls down to personal preference, and like Whocando said its not possible to please everyone. They seem to be going in the right direction but it is always good to never get expectations to high, especially on launch day.
  • Options
    [quote quote=12322]Short answer is…no

It cannot possibly satisfy every individuals expectations in a massive multiplayer platform.

All it has to do is deliver the best core value product it states to develop, and not get bogged down trying to satisfy everyone demands or agree to ‘yes’ everything the critics and public ask for.

[/quote]

Agreed.
    No MMO can satisfy everyone, every type of player. AoC is no exception. Though if it delivers on the promise then this will be one hell of a game!

I'm going to back it on Kickstarter but like you this will be the last one. ( Secretly SUPER HYPED! But Shhh ;) )

The WoW comment... WoW killer? WoW is dead to me.. like I said everyone's taste is different and I never got into it tho mates tried many times to encourage me I just didn't see it.

No reason MMO's cant Co-exist ;)
  • Options
    Question: Why does this game have to be a "WoW-killer" or the "best mmorpg"? I will never understand this mentality that there can only be 1 mmorpg that is better than all the rest. That's where the unreasonable expectation is coming from, because mmo players are looking for a "hero mmo" than we don't actually need, and each new game that looks promising is immediately set up by the community to be "the saviour of the mmo genre". IT DOESN'T NEED SAVING!!! Just enjoy the game for what it is rather than putting unreasonable and stupid expectations onto it!

*drops mic and gets off soap box*
  • Options
    I remember having the classic "No one makes good MMOs anymore" discussion with my friends a few months back. AoC is the only MMO that is promising systems that I find interesting to play. Therefore, it is pretty much my only option. So I don't really have anything else to do than support it, back it and hope for the best.