Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What about IP-block for Russia/Ukraine/CIS countries?

Greetings!
What about IP-block for Russia/Ukraine/CIS countries?
If the block is realized, there is no sense to participate in the campaign "Official Kickstarter Starting".
It would be a shame to pay $ 125 and do not get the opportunity to play.

Comments

• Maybe invest in a VPN?
  • Did they say they would block these countries?
    From my experience Russia and such are normally not blocked as a standart, countries that more often need there own servers are for example china because of their heavy restriction on the internet (everything going through state servers and their special cases of censoring).
  • I wouldn't block Russia if I was building an MMO. I would setup regional servers, but definitely not block one of the biggest MMO markets in the world.
  • I think they will not block those country
    (unofficial)
  • They have stated that they do not have any plans for locking/blocking any country's
  • @Shunex

What about making regional servers?
  • [quote quote=12368]e own servers are for example china because of their heavy restriction on the internet (everything going through state servers and their special c[/quote]

I wouldn't mind seeing Russians either locked out or on seperate server. From all my years in wow since the server migration I have had nothing but bad experience.
  • [quote quote=12368]<a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/users/shunex/" rel="nofollow">@shunex</a>

What about making regional servers?

[/quote]

If there is enough interest on one region, that region will get a server.
  • They're self publishing so I block would serve no purpose. Most games that do so like black desert sell the publishing rights to third parties. You may be stuck playing on a server halfway across the world (depending on popularity) or in the case of countries like north Korea you may get blocked internally but there would be zero benefit to intrepid ro ip block anyone
  • But will translate into Russian?
  • [quote quote=12365]They have stated that they do not have any plans for locking/blocking any country’s[/quote]
    thx dude
    [quote quote=12627]But will translate into Russian?[/quote]
    probably not
    [quote quote=12375]<blockquote>
    From all my years in wow since the server migration I have had nothing but bad experience.
    [/quote]
    And what was the expression of this experience?
  • [quote quote=14044]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/what-about-ip-block-for-russiaukrainecis-countries/#post-12365" rel="nofollow">Shunex wrote:</a></div>
    They have stated that they do not have any plans for locking/blocking any country’s
    </blockquote>
    thx dude

<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/what-about-ip-block-for-russiaukrainecis-countries/#post-12627" rel="nofollow">KingBaal wrote:</a></div>
    But will translate into Russian?
    </blockquote>
    probably not

<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/what-about-ip-block-for-russiaukrainecis-countries/#post-12375" rel="nofollow">Nightspyre wrote:</a></div>
    <blockquote>
    From all my years in wow since the server migration I have had nothing but bad experience.

</blockquote>
    And what was the expression of this experience?
    </blockquote>
    [/quote]

Extensive use of botting, server delays so you're unable to attack, interrupt-botting, taking advantage of any exploit out there, using Cyrillic script so you're unable to call them by names or write to them, usually rude-as-hell tossing shit-talk as soon as they're unhappy with something, and win-trading. The list goes on, but for anyone else but you, I'm sure these are very well known already and not even in need of mentioning.

When Russians were set to play with everyone else in wow, and for years after, even to this day, people have been complaining, and I dare say, for good reason!