Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Inns/Taverns

A nice feature that would add game immersion is the ability to get rare quests from inns and taverns.
*listening to conversations about dungeons, outlaws etc
*bounties offered on rare Npc and players on who in bad reputation on the server
*bribe or tip a Barkeep or tavern wench on information leading to epic quest line

There are alot of possibilities and many games neglect these places to gain in game content.

Comments

• Options
    I think if something like this were to happen it would be that when a tavern is built / appears inside a village or town each inn/tavern has a quest board with those special bounty or daily dungeon style quests for dungeons in that town's region.
  • Options
    Great ideas. Though i would like to add the possibility of "winning" rare quests. For example you could get a quest and if you complete that quest in a certain amount of time you'll be rewarded with a rare quest, if you're not fast enough you'll complete the quest without any follow-up rare quest.
  • Options
    [quote quote=1299]I think if something like this were to happen it would be that when a tavern is built / appears inside a village or town each inn/tavern has a quest board with those special bounty or daily dungeon style quests for dungeons in that town’s region.

[/quote]
    It just seems too easy that its posted on a notice board, no sense of discovery in that. It is more fun (in my opinion) if you have to talk, bribe or threaten NPC's for information. It would ofc. be kindof a bother if its for every quest, so it should be for the rarer ones I'd say :)
  • Options
    It would have to be very rare imo, and not something you would go to taverns and inns in order to do. The rewards should also be considered very rare and give some prestige to the person using/wearing the different items
  • Options
    I feel though taverns/Inns can be a great resource for the game. Examples :

Rumors may say A certain Wizard may meet certain important magic users to discuss happens in the realms when the moon is full at a particularTavern.

There are rumors of a thieves guild operating in a around certain Inns and taverns , where its possible to make contact with these groups.

A wealthy merchant drowns his sorrows at a certain inn ,mourning over the loss of a child ,who was lost in the ruins of a city he was adventuring in. The merchant would pay heavily for the return of his sons remains.

lore/story/location enhance the game.
  • Options
    Well whatever they do, I can say that Inns/Taverns need a bit of an overhaul. What I would really like is for them to find a way to create a mechanic that taverns become a very social aspect. So that when people are not doing anything in town, they are encouraged to relax/afk/visit the Inn/Tavern.

Even something so simple as seen in other games as a small XP buff if you log out or AFK in an Inn/Tavern for an hour or two+. Simple bonus that people will naturally say "Why not get this?" while creating small central hub areas for people to gather. Could be a great starting point to naturally run into someone doing nearby dungeons and meeting people in the Town/City you live in.
  • Options
    [quote quote=1329]Well whatever they do, I can say that Inns/Taverns need a bit of an overhaul. What I would really like is for them to find a way to create a mechanic that taverns become a very social aspect. So that when people are not doing anything in town, they are encouraged to relax/afk/visit the Inn/Tavern.

Even something so simple as seen in other games as a small XP buff if you log out or AFK in an Inn/Tavern for an hour or two+. Simple bonus that people will naturally say “Why not get this?” while creating small central hub areas for people to gather. Could be a great starting point to naturally run into someone doing nearby dungeons and meeting people in the Town/City you live in.

[/quote]
    That would so nice, having the taverns become what they used to be irl :) As for how to bring people together, exp bonus + no quick-group feature, then just hope that people gather there.
  • Options
    Quick group feature is fine overall, but I would like to see it limited to specific regions at least. That way at the very least if you enjoyed doing the dungeon with someone you can add them.

I've met a lot of great people who end up being good people to call upon if you have open raid slots. And the ease of use is nice in the long run.

Though I agree, if it's too open ended it can cause serious problems with people not connecting for longer than the time to do a dungeon.
  • Options
    These are great ideas. Keep it up.
  • Options
    Personally I think it would be great to have player Run Inn's/Taverns. You build it in the city or outside, pay taxes, work with a crafter to get items to decorate it or offer items for sale, sell drinks and rooms (you can set the price and pay for the buff it offers) an option to place a board for quests or help wanted. It would add an interesting dynamic to the game. Maybe as your Tavern's Reputation grows, new NPC's come in, drop new rumors or quests. Other wise treat it like a house, that weathers over time if not kept up. Maybe you could offer to hire guards or bouncers, have them set up as safer places for Caravan's to stop for the night, ect.

Just an Idea.
  • Options
    "your gearlevel is not high enough so you can't join"

becomes

" you've been mean to the lonesome, drunk taverngoat so you can't join"
  • Options
    [quote quote=1323]I feel though taverns/Inns can be a great resource for the game. Examples :

Rumors may say A certain Wizard may meet certain important magic users to discuss happens in the realms when the moon is full at a particularTavern.

There are rumors of a thieves guild operating in a around certain Inns and taverns , where its possible to make contact with these groups.

A wealthy merchant drowns his sorrows at a certain inn ,mourning over the loss of a child ,who was lost in the ruins of a city he was adventuring in. The merchant would pay heavily for the return of his sons remains.

lore/story/location enhance the game.

[/quote]

Much like in Skyrim, where you sit down, enjoy a nice beer or alcoholic beverage - maybe some food. You can hear a bard performing other side of the room, and other NPCs chatting about rumors which could lead you to special areas where you can find rare items/weapons/gear! The immersion would be beautiful! D:

This is a beautiful idea.

I also wonder if they'll implement a VOIP inside the game, seeing as it seems to be the norm now for upcoming MMORPGs. In fact, Discord currently is doing just that using GameBridge: https://discordapp.com/gamebridge

So when you talk, your mouth moves as well gasps...

THE IDEAS ARE ENDLESS!
  • Options
    [quote quote=1595]
    So when you talk, your mouth moves as well gasps…
    [/quote]
    That sounds so nice, would be wonderfull :)