Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Alpha Release Date?

I REALLY want to see this world come to life, therefore, I'd also want to know the soonest possible moment can be a part of it. Let's speculate on some Alpha release dates, or if they're already released (I haven't done much searching) then I'd like to know when they are. I'm sure all of you are just as excited as I am! :p

Comments

• The first alpha will be in Q4 of 2017 for winners of the weekly drawings and another one during early 2018 for kickstarter founders
  • Fingers crossed I win one of those drawings! I agree with OP - seeing this world come to fruition would be awesome.
  • [quote quote=13011]The first alpha will be in Q4 of 2017 for winners of the weekly drawings and another one during early 2018 for kickstarter founders

[/quote]

This is assuming there's no delays. Hopefully there won't be but if the game still needs work then they got to do what they got to do......as long as they don't go the dark and light route and try to pretend everything is on schedule until a week before the alpha is supposed to start......all I ask is if it gets delayed let us know asap......which I don't forsee being a problem with how open to the comunity the devs have been thus far
  • I want to play, NOW
  • whenn??? when can i play the game?? somebody tell me the date please
  • Hi Juanitoc, the earliest alpha which you can win from alpha draw is Q1 2017, Kickstarter alpha is early 2018 like Bestluke said and game releases in 2019 most likely.
  • I'm going to be jelly if i don't win the draw (~^.^)~
  • [quote quote=13073]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/alpha-release-date/#post-13011" rel="nofollow">Bestluke wrote:</a></div>
    The first alpha will be in Q4 of 2017 for winners of the weekly drawings and another one during early 2018 for kickstarter founders

</blockquote>
    This is assuming there’s no delays. Hopefully there won’t be but if the game still needs work then they got to do what they got to do……as long as they don’t go the dark and light route and try to pretend everything is on schedule until a week before the alpha is supposed to start……all I ask is if it gets delayed let us know asap……which I don’t forsee being a problem with how open to the comunity the devs have been thus far

[/quote]

OMG, Dark and Light now that was a train wreck and a half. Don't forget releasing a half ass version of the game just to keep people from leaving by the dozens. Who ended up getting that sword anyway?
  • [quote quote=16064]I’m going to be jelly if i don’t win the draw (~^.^)~

[/quote]

You won't be the only one xD
    I just want to test this game and see what it has to offer.
  • [quote quote=16090]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/alpha-release-date/#post-13073" rel="nofollow">Darthaden wrote:</a></div>
    <blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/alpha-release-date/#post-13011" rel="nofollow">Bestluke wrote:</a></div>
    The first alpha will be in Q4 of 2017 for winners of the weekly drawings and another one during early 2018 for kickstarter founders

</blockquote>
    This is assuming there’s no delays. Hopefully there won’t be but if the game still needs work then they got to do what they got to do……as long as they don’t go the dark and light route and try to pretend everything is on schedule until a week before the alpha is supposed to start……all I ask is if it gets delayed let us know asap……which I don’t forsee being a problem with how open to the comunity the devs have been thus far

</blockquote>
    OMG, Dark and Light now that was a train wreck and a half. Don’t forget releasing a half ass version of the game just to keep people from leaving by the dozens. Who ended up getting that sword anyway?

[/quote]

Wait there were issues with D&L? o.O; Im so glad i dodged that bullet! I think Steven and the team are bringing back a sorta trust to the company - to - gamer front! They are actually being upfront and honest about everything....its refreshing to see how humble they are! I cant wait for this game....like Im literally dying to see the fashion already! LMAO
  • Well according to the pod cast the other day, they're looking at Xmas 2017 for friends and families, and December 2018 for Alpha, but they did say, that they're aiming for middle of next year for Alpha
  • FAQs do exist.

When will the game be released?
    The game doesn’t have a specified release date, but the game does have a estimate date of when Closed Alpha [Friends and Family Test] will come out (October-December/Q4 of 2017). The expected date for KS (Kickstarter) Alpha will be December 2018.

Also,
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/closed-alpha/#post-15777
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/alpha-beta-dates/
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/release-date/

and so on and so on, look at the flood of posts made, some research would do us all some good.
    Here is a compilation of everything you might want to know and didn't even knew you want to know.
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/a-newbies-guild-ashes-of-creation-information-v3/
  • Maybe there are some reasons for releasing this way but it seems pretty uncool for weekly winners get to play before kickstarters do. If I actually back this i'd honestly expect to get a crack at it before any random people do, having put my money on the line to support this dev's game/vision.

~Uru
  • With all do respect to others, I believe the reason for Alpha/Beta testing has been forgotten. They are to find the bugs, issues, glitches, and general system failures. They are not meant to be fun, nor even representative of what the game will be like. I remember Beta testing Ultima Online. Not sure which was worse, my dial up connection, or some of the glitches. The first Alpha will notably be the worst as it is where the first wave of testers are pointing out the problems to the developers. The interface which is generally the last thing to be addressed will probably be frustrating, and certainly not pretty.

This is the reason the Friends and Family Alpha was originally conceived of pulling those in the Community that did the most for the Community, as they have demonstrated that they would put the time and effort to make this a better game. The random drawings were primarily for stress testing by numbers, and the hype factor in my eyes.

Concerning the Kickstarter Alpha/Beta, to me that seems more marketing than testing. Though with such a saturation of those signing up for them, it will make excellent server load tests for battle simulations.

Please remember that during the live stream Jeffery stated that they would tell us where to go, and what they needed. Like this Community has via the Forums, and Discord we have a chance to help Intrepid make an astounding game. Let's focus on ways to achieve that, more than seeing if the wine is stale.

Locke
  • With all do respect to others, I believe the reason for Alpha/Beta testing has been forgotten. They are to find the bugs, issues, glitches, and general system failures. They are not meant to be fun, nor even representative of what the game will be like. I remember Beta testing Ultima Online. Not sure which was worse, my dial up connection, or some of the glitches. The first Alpha will notably be the worst as it is where the first wave of testers are pointing out the problems to the developers. The interface which is generally the last thing to be addressed will probably be frustrating, and certainly not pretty.

This is the reason the Friends and Family Alpha was originally conceived of pulling those in the Community that did the most for the Community, as they have demonstrated that they would put the time and effort to make this a better game. The random drawings were primarily for stress testing by numbers, and the hype factor in my eyes.

Concerning the Kickstarter Alpha/Beta, to me that seems more marketing than testing. Though with such a saturation of those signing up for them, it will make excellent server load tests for battle simulations.

Please remember that during the live stream Jeffery stated that they would tell us where to go, and what they needed. Like this Community has via the Forums, and Discord we have a chance to help Intrepid make an astounding game. Let's focus on ways to achieve that, more than seeing if the wine is stale per se.

Locke

Please remember that during the live stream Jeffery stated that they would tell us where to go, and what they needed. Like this Community has via the Forums, and Discord we have a chance to help Intrepid make an astounding game. Let's focus on ways to achieve that, more than seeing if the wine is stale per se.

<em>Locke</em>