Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nodes Part 2 Video Discussion

Well I think I can speak for everyone when I say this video helped explain alot about the nodes but it also left alot of questions.

1. At what stage of a node does a "Leader" get chosen?
2. At what stage does the node get chosen which path it will go down? (Military, Divine) Who get's to make this decision? How does that process work?

Now that I look at these 2 questions. I am assuming a leader gets chosen, then the leader chooses which path we will go down. But how does a Leader get chosen in the first place.
I guess a leader could be selected by some kind of voting system but then could be replaced later depending on what path the node is on.

3. How does buying an in-node house mechanic work?
The only way i can see this happening fairly is whoever gets to it first.. I would like to see some kind of system where the people that put more work into developing the node get first choice but I know alot of casual players won't like that kind of system.

( I may have misunderstood what he is saying in the video but it sounds like he is saying that at the Town Stage more in-node house's will be available to buy but they won't be at the same stage as house's that were bought at the Village Stage. If i did hear that correctly then,)
4. Will house's that are bought at the Town Stage be able to develop into mansion's when the node hit's Metropolis Stage??
If these new house's that become available at the Town Stage are located further away from the center of town, then it would make some sense that they wouldn't become mansions at Metropolis Stage.

5. Are we able to buy more than 1 in-node house?
6. Are we able to have an in-node house and a Free Hold House and a Apartment? Or some kind of combination of the three?
I think we should only be able to own 1 in-node house or apartment and as many Free Hold plots as we want.

7. Can in-node house's be changed or developed like Free Hold plots?
I am assuming that in-node house's won't be able to be changed into a farm plot or a windmill. I would like to be given some extra empty space next to my in-node house to develop into what I want but I know that would kind of break up the immersion of being in the middle of a city.

8. How do Free Hold plots work exactly?
In the video it looks like you get 1 size and it is broken down into for sections you can develop. I would like to see some kind of system close to how Archage does it.. You can buy different sizes depending on what you can afford or what you want to do and you should pay different amount of taxes depending on the size and how many plots you own in the ZOI.

9. Will other people be able to interact with your House's?
I would like to see it work like how Albion Online does it. you can allow Guild or certain people access to your Instanced Apartments. You can set your Free Hold Plots to public or Custom and tax people to use your buildings.

10. How many nodes can be developed?
I don't know if I like the idea of only a certain amount of nodes can be developed. I agree with only 5 Metro's being able to be built but other nodes should be able to develop regardless of how many there are.

11. When a Metro is built, how big is it's ZOI??
12. Does a higher Stage Node takeover other node ZOI's as it grows?
I think as a Node grows it should take over nearby ZOI's

These are just some of the questions this video has raised. If you like breaking down what the Devs are talking about or showing this guy has some awesome video's and information.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkWeebl

Comments

• Options
    These are all questions that I thought of as well and I have the same thoughts and speculations as you do. Let's also talk about stuff that we don't want to happen. For example, what if one node type was more powerful or maybe just as powerful, but easier to obtain? What I'm asking is, what if one node had some advantage over another to a point where it's not balanced?

My speculation is that if this happens, one node type would be seen in a majority of metros, resulting in a lack of diversity. This would most likely be nerfed, if such a situation occurred. This is just a problem that they might run into.
  • Options
    Hopefully in the next few months perhaps we will get a walk through video that will be in depth and really go into detail. Lots of questions but we just have to be a little more patient! It would be cool though for a out of city plot like if you have a forge or something random people could use it but there is a Fee to use depending on the level of the forge and what you are crafting. So you have some form of income also on the side.
  • Options
    These are some great questions you could put in the questions section of the community discord which can be found <a href="https://discord.gg/hpSfgBX">HERE</a>

Not only the discord, but the live twitch streams they have every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 3PM PDT for approximately an hour for the duration of the Kick starter. This is a great place to put your questions so Yaviey could ask them live on stream.

The live stream can be found <a href="https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation">HERE</a>, and the Kickstarter can be found <a href="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios">HERE</a>
  • Options
    Hi

I'll try to answer yout questions as much as i can :)

1. I believe a government is elected at the village stage.
    2. I'm not shure but I think it's pre set what kind of node a node is.
    as for the eleciton type there are 4 ways dependant on the typo of node:
    1. military node -rule by combat
    2. Divine type - allocates its leaders through service oriented quests, quests that directly help others and their Node, quests that
    prove their faith and dedication to the node
    3. Economic - run by an Elite Oligarchy. These positions can be bought and sold, so if you want to rule an Economic type Node, make sure your coin purse is heavier than your competition.
    4. Scientific - vote system.
    Sinds the election type depends on the type of node I don't think a governemt can change the node type.

3. Not shure about this one. You'll probably need to be quick and rich :p

4. No. Houses that become available at the town stage can only evolve 1 time wile houses that become available at village stage can evolve twice so naturally they will be bigger. from the video:The number of mansions in a metropolis will be the same number of small homes that were available in this metropolis’ village stage. Only those houses that existed at the Village level will ever become these main street mansions.

5. I don't think we will. In node housing will be fought over so having just 1 will already be a big achievement.
    6. this can be possible we will have to wait for further info.
    7. I would think they are (at least for the most part) completely dependable on the node.
    8/9. I don't know about this. We'll have to wait for more info.
    10. A node's ZOI will expand as the node develops. Every node that falls in another node's ZOI will not be able to progress further.
    11. It will probably be massive.
    12. It's kinda already answered in explanation 10 :)

I'm not able to answer every question but I hope this will help you with some/most of them.
  • Options
    Hi, I'll try to answer yout questions as much as i can :)

2. Divine type - allocates its leaders through service oriented quests, quests that directly help others and their Node, quests that
    3. Economic - run by an Elite Oligarchy. These positions can be bought and sold, so if you want to rule an Economic type Node, make sure your coin purse is heavier than your competition.
    Sinds the election type depends on the type of node I don't think a governemt can change the node type.

4. No. Houses that become available at the town stage can only evolve 1 time wile houses that become available at village stage can evolve twice so naturally they will be bigger. from the video:The number of mansions in a metropolis will be the same number of small homes that were available in this metropolis’ village stage. Only those houses that existed at the Village level will ever become these main street mansions.

5. I don't think we will. In node housing will be fought over so having just 1 will already be a big achievement.
    7. I would think they are (at least for the most part) completely dependable on the node.
    10. A node's ZOI will expand as the node develops. Every node that falls in another node's ZOI will not be able to progress further.

I'm not able to answer every question but I hope this will help you with some/most of them.
  • Options
    What my post is'nt showing and I can't place it because of a duplicate post... :/
  • Options
    Hi, I'll try to answer yout questions as much as i can :)