Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Servers location

Where servers will be located?

Comments

• No specific locations have been given inside each region. However, the devs have stated that "if there are players in a region, there will be servers."
  • The company is located in San Diego, California.
  • yeah, but do you think they will have like a single central server or multiple relays .Tbh i'm not sure if the latter is even employed in mmos just a thought
  • Are we going to have an international server for this game? As in everyone from any country would be able to play this game (no country blacklist / country IP block)
  • [quote quote=13197]Are we going to have an international server for this game? As in everyone from any country would be able to play this game (no country blacklist / country IP block)

[/quote]

International server like located in the space ? Or in the Earth's core ? Servers are hosted for different regions (continents mostly) and are more than one
  • [quote quote=13216] International server like located in the space ? Or in the Earth’s core ? Servers are hosted for different regions (continents mostly) and are more than one

[/quote]
    Nah, I mean the server can be located anywhere but access to server is unrestricted.. For example some NA game servers like vindictus restricts access from outside of US..
  • [quote quote=13644]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/servers-location/#post-13216" rel="nofollow">feedy wrote:</a></div>
    International server like located in the space ? Or in the Earth’s core ? Servers are hosted for different regions (continents mostly) and are more than one

</blockquote>
    Nah, I mean the server can be located anywhere but access to server is unrestricted.. For example some NA game servers like vindictus restricts access from outside of US..

[/quote]

I for one hope not. Im NA and will play a NA server but one of the great things about MMOs (to me at least) is meeting people from other countries and talking with them. I imagine I will be mostly among fellow 'murican's but the occasional foreigner that comes to play with us always adds something nice to the game.
  • They will be google cloud servers in one of Google's data centers.
  • For Europe probably in Ireland.
    https://www.google.com/about/datacenters/inside/locations/index.html
  • This is a concern of mine. I live away from my home country (Korea at the moment but a UK citizen) and would like to play on EU servers. I know BDO is region locked and i am concerned at investing in a kickstarter only to find when game goes live that i can only play on Asian servers. If i move again back to EU or out of Asia what will happen??
    Some clarification on this would be nice.