Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha servers?

Will EU be able to participate in alpha and betas , with alpha/beta keys and/or with pledge packets that grand access to these?
A friend asked this on FB but there were no reply.

Comments

• Options
    i would hope so at least for the BETA
  • Options
    Chances are we will just have to deal with having high ping as the servers are almost certainly going to based in the states but they won't stop you of course
  • Options
    There are international community's out there who would like an answer to this as well, before they suggest their members to fund.
    Where is the alpha/beta servers located and what zones have access to them?
  • Options
    Alpha and beta keys have been issues to anyone and everyone on the discord forums.
    Clearly there is no limitation on area.
    As for localised servers...these will exists depending on demand for the main game.
    There is no information on the locality of the alpha/beta/pts server(s)

Join discord and try the ask intrepid section. Leave a qeustion there.
  • Options
    That is important. I wonder where the servers are based and how my Comcast ping would pan out. I'd like to have a ping range between 10 to 50 ms.
  • Options
    Considering Intrepid Studios is based on the West Coast of United States, our best bet is that Servers will first come to America, then the rest based on population/demand of the certain regions.
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately they are all guesses (good ones though) and that EU would have access to alpha and beta was my first guess too. But because it doesn't seem to be confirmed by Intrepid Studios anywhere yet, I guess we will have to wait.

Another thing, there are players that are deaf and can't join Discord, I hope they are able to win keys as well.
  • Options
    I don't see how deaf people couldn't join Discord? It's a chat. Only one week draw is from the most productive people. I asked it on discord ask_devs hopefully they'll answer.
  • Options
    For most MMO's most beta/alpha servers are local this coudl be the case here as well.
  • Options
    [quote quote=15429]Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately they are all guesses (good ones though) and that EU would have access to alpha and beta was my first guess too. But because it doesn’t seem to be confirmed by Intrepid Studios anywhere yet, I guess we will have to wait.

Another thing, there are players that are deaf and can’t join Discord, I hope they are able to win keys as well.

[/quote]

Discord has VoIP yes, but the primary use of the Ashes official discord is for the Text Chats. If anyone is deaf, I recommend them to still join. Very active text chats.