Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Aduro—Embrace the flame. [PVP/metagaming]

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in North American Guilds
Aduro ad- +‎ ūrō. [verb, Latin] 1. To set fire to. 2. To burn, scorch. We're a group of people that are looking to play Ashes of Creation together. If you've got a natural or learned talent, we want to incorporate you into our family. We aren't numbers, we're people. Your unique benefits and skillset makes you the individual you are, and we incorporate that by promoting those skills as a team. You make us Aduro. Are you interested in a thoughtful, cerebral gameplay experience focusing on social aspects that transcend hitting people with swords and spells? Come talk with us in Discord. Click here to join our Discord. Aduro—Embrace the flame.

Comments

• Options
    Flame on!
    Come join us.
  • Options
    NA? EU? APAC?
  • Options
    [quote quote=18841]NA? EU? APAC?

[/quote]

The intention is to play on a NA server, but we are represented across all 3 regions.
  • Options
    [quote quote=18854]The intention is to play on a NA server, but we are represented across all 3 regions.[/quote]

I wonder what the ping will be like? By which I mean, a high ping from outside NA is unavoidable, but some games handle it better than others. Games with really twitchy combat seem to fare the worst. Maybe CoE will be somewhere between that kind of game and a simplistic sort of combat like WoW which seems to be the kind of game that fares best...
  • Options
    [quote quote=18841]NA? EU? APAC?

[/quote]

It's mostly NA players, but a few EU ones as well, me being one of them. I'm honestly still torn between NA and EU. Normally I'd instantly go EU for the better ping and having the timetables be more fitting. Thing is that after talking to these guys I just really want to play with them. The description of the guild made by Siigari is very vague regarding the goal of the guild in AoC, but the focus the guild is aiming for is exactly what I want to do, and there isn't really any EU guilds like Aduro having the same approach and goals. Prehaps if there were a bigger EU interest in Aduro it could branch over there as well, I for one would be all up for that. Aduro got some great people behind it.
  • Options
    Count me in.
  • Options
    Bump. We're currently doing some searching. Positions limited.
  • Options
    The people in this guild are funny, charming while staying realistic. They are full of information about AoC and also as a whole; know so much about other games. They are always there to help someone out and so far (have got most of my dumb jokes lol) they are open to new ideas and will always listen to what you have to say. Everyone is equal and everyone has a place in Aduro. They haven't just become my guild, but my friends. If you want a place for your gaming side to call home, Aduro is it, if you want long lasting relationships with like-minded people who treat you as an equal, who genuinely care about how you feel and help you grow your gaming experience and library. With our keen and knowledgeable family you'll get where you want to be! JOIN ADURO, we care, we share and we are in it to win it for one and all. Bring in the Fire.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018

• Options
    I am not much of a man of words, as well as I am quite shy, however the guild has always been a great time! I have had no regrets in joining the guild and look forward to the days to come.
  • Options
    [quote quote=19019]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/aduro-flame-on-pvp/#post-18854" rel="nofollow">Davlos wrote:</a></div>
    The intention is to play on a NA server, but we are represented across all 3 regions.
    </blockquote>
    I wonder what the ping will be like? By which I mean, a high ping from outside NA is unavoidable, but some games handle it better than others. Games with really twitchy combat seem to fare the worst. Maybe CoE will be somewhere between that kind of game and a simplistic sort of combat like WoW which seems to be the kind of game that fares best…

[/quote]

Hi Canterbury, I didn't mean to be rude, but the forum kept me from logging in for an extremely long time. I apologize.

It appears that Ashes will be a tab-targeting game, so twitch aiming won't be a factor here. That's a huge relief for me, because I'm far older than my heyday when I was a FPS god at 17. My reaction time can hardly keep up with the youngins now, but my propensity for mindfuckery is still very much intact. ;)

I'm used to playing in high ping situations. It comes with experience from years of eSports competitions across borders and continents. Obviously, high ping environments are not ideal, but not impossible to play well in. All it takes is clever talent builds and such which reduce global cooldowns and have better situational awareness - also a ton of patience. The newer generation of gamers who never had to deal with the hell that was dialup aren't capable of coping with adversity.
  • Options
    Forum ate my post.

<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/aduro-flame-on-pvp/#post-18854" rel="nofollow">Davlos wrote:</a></div>
    </blockquote>
    I wonder what the ping will be like? By which I mean, a high ping from outside NA is unavoidable, but some games handle it better than others. Games with really twitchy combat seem to fare the worst. Maybe CoE will be somewhere between that kind of game and a simplistic sort of combat like WoW which seems to be the kind of game that fares best…

[/quote]

Hi Canterbury, I didn't mean to be rude, but the forum kept me from logging in for an extremely long time. I apologize.

It appears that Ashes will be a tab-targeting game, so twitch aiming won't be a factor here. That's a huge relief for me, because I'm far older than my heyday when I was a FPS god at 17. My reaction time can hardly keep up with the youngins now, but my propensity for mindfuckery is still very much intact. ;)

I'm used to playing in high ping situations. It comes with experience from years of eSports competitions across borders and continents. Obviously, high ping environments are not ideal, but not impossible to play well in. All it takes is clever talent builds and such which reduce global cooldowns and have better situational awareness - also a ton of patience. The newer generation of gamers who never had to deal with the hell that was dialup aren't capable of coping with adversity.
  • Options
    Test (forum has been eating posts)
  • Options

• Options
    </blockquote>

[/quote]

• Options
    Forum is eating posts

• Options
    We're currently getting together to play some Archeage while we wait for Ashes to launch. If you want to come screw around with us, you are more than welcome :)
  • Options
    what do you mean by special skill?
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/aduro-flame-on-pvp/#post-28595">skyborne118 wrote:</a></div>what do you mean by special skill?

</blockquote>
    Hey man. Where are you seeing that?
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/aduro-flame-on-pvp/#post-28595">skyborne118 wrote:</a></div>what do you mean by special skill?

</blockquote>
    Where are you seeing that?
  • Options
    Where are you seeing that?
  • Options
    Post-forum overhaul bump! Apologies for the jumbled up posts above.
  • Options
    We are Aduro! :smile:
  • Options
    Come and help us set the world ablaze with change!