Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Lua Scripting

Hopefully scripting in some form will be implemented in to this game, it would be nice to make changes to the UI, add spam filters, automate guild management, dmg meters and role playing add-on.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry but scripting is not an option in the game because it will not be fair for others and will not feel as immersive as the game dev's made it
  • Options
    The only downside I see to add-ons, is that some games that support add-ons, basically have it to where it's mandatory to use add-ons, which makes the game not very fun for me. My personal opinion/preference. If a game needs add-on support, then the developers haven't made an effort to add enough function to the game.
  • Options
    My idea of perfection may differ greatly from other people. Maybe I don't want to see damage numbers coming of a mob when I'm fighting and that ruins my idea of immersion or maybe I love to see every tick of damage because I feel like I'm doing something, then why not give the community direct access to add to the game and people can use it or not.

The developers has great control with what they can allow to be used in scripts and one button attack scripts are annoying, but so is in-game spam. ESO made the mistake of not having scripting in the beginning and people had no other option than blocking people that spammed the chat with sales constantly, after ESO added the scripting, several anti spam scripts emerged and you could now filter out unwanted text.

I would love if the developers spend all their time building the best game they absolutely can, that will suit every single player that plays it, but chances are that they will never have enough time to cover every single want and wish. That's where scripting and the community comes in.

Scripting should be a thing, but it should have limits so you don't have warhammer style scripting where a player can just push one button and all attacks are used in the right order and dots are applied only when needed. But managing a 200+ people guild is time consuming and with the right API more time can be devoted to playing vs looking at the guild window.
  • Options
    Yeah, this does not seem like a LUA scripting game.

First and foremost, the devs need to successfully complete their own vision of the game.
    Then they can add more options where they deem desirable and feasible.