Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Concepts for Gears & Equipements

*Before reading, Note that english is not my main language I did try my best to make no mistakes however I am far from perfect. Also Everything below this is my personal opinion if you disagree and think my ideas are worthless feel free to read other threads.
This got auto-deleted when I try to modify the text due to a grammar mistake so im posting it again.*

Hi,
My name is Imnoris and I've been looking into ashes of creation for little while now and there is one aspect that have been scaring me a little bit, the jobs. Since economy is a big part of AoC I really fear the job are going to be like WoW ,a mindless grind until you reach max level and I don't want it to be like that so I'll give some ideas to make thing more interesting in my opinion.

1. In every mmo's I ever played equipement you can craft early on (for example an iron dagger) won't ever be purchased since the stats are uninteresting making the early stages of every jobs unpleasant and boring. I figured what if Weapons had quality level for example your iron dagger could either be bad/good or excellent an excellent dagger would be a little worst than a silver dagger but still decent. That wouldn't change the problem people would just buy an silver dagger and thats what Idea number 2 is going to be about.

2. Since people alwais want the best gear it is natural that the worst gear won't be bought leaving new players in bad shape. So what If the equipements had chance to be destroyed in battle a very small chance for epic gears such as the obsidian dagger you've been farming for decades but higher chances for the iron dagger you casually use for easy task. This way the market for any equipements would alwais be running instead of having to pay 3.000.000$ for the obsidian dagger and only 5$ for the iron dagger. Newer forgerons would have a way to sell their goods Since high level player would still but weaker gears for easy task.

3. This is just a small concept to make weapon crafting even more interesting. If weapons had unique statistic for example your iron dagger would have one random caracteristic such as a 50%+ to break or a 10%+ physical damage and your obsidian dagger would have up to 3 different stats. This way market price would be way different and a lucky smaller forgeron could sell his iron dagger for a high price even if its just an iron dagger. Increasing the odds for good buffs and such as your forging skills gets better.

This is how I think jobs should work and how I would like to see it in aoc. However I know this is just a concept and I would be lucky if one of the develeppers was to even read this thread. I Havent read earlier threads so I apologize if similar ideas have been shared before.

Thank you for reading, Imnoris