Ideas of first class/summoner abilities

When thinking of a character to create I started thinking of the possible combinations. On most games I pick rouge but something got me looking at the summoner class.
Thinking more into this I started to think of abilities and this is what I thought of:

If rouge/summoner you can summon shadows that you can either take the place of or have them fight with you. This could allow abilities like a shadowstep forward or backwards that will leave a shadow behind to fight for a short time.

For Fighter/summoner or summoner/fighter, I though of the possibility of summoning swords and and being able to control them.

Please provide your thoughts on this and other summoner combinations that might bring a new twist to the game.

Comments

• Nice ideas but i feel most importantly is the summons ability's like agro control and ranged attacks is most games the summon is melee and it fails to catch up whit the summoner's target in case it's a player. A lot more useful it would be if it was ranged then the summoner can kite/run the attacker around the summons range.

About clones(shadows) it sounds a lot like the Mesmer in gw2 but there Ai in making a convincing decoy is pretty bad, but whit a proper dedication to the shadow's Ai it could be awesome.
  • Of what i understand, your second class will only be there to improve certain abilities. Life if you are a rogue and a mage you can mix the stealth with the blink ( im an old wow player ) and while you are stealthed you can teleport behind the enemy player. Maybe when you are mixing rogue with summoner, when you stealth you get a clone that mimics what you do, like you backstab him and then the clone also backstabs him. its a hard combination to imagine :P
    Iv been thinking that maybe Hunter/Summoner would be interesting if you can summon 2 more bowns and they help you attack a target. Or Hunter mage that lets you enchant your weps with fire or frost.
  • Zyzzyx said:
    "... Maybe when you are mixing rogue with summoner, when you stealth you get a clone that mimics what you do, like you backstab him and then the clone also backstabs him. its a hard combination to imagine :P
    Iv been thinking that maybe Hunter/Summoner would be interesting if you can summon 2 more bowns and they help you attack a target. Or Hunter mage that lets you enchant your weps with fire or frost. ... "
    Wish i'd seen this post sooner too >~< . Neat idea  :)