Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Drop the BoE/BoP system.

There should be no reason why i can't sell my unique sword that i found when killing a bandit lord to a lower leveled player because i found a better replacement for it. Items that Bind on pickup should only be for personal consumable items such as a skill book that lets you level up your character or something along those lines, While bind on equip is kind of stupid. the only reason i could see binding a weapon to yourself is for a similar reason to the way it was used in the original Guild Wars. in that game no matter what weapon you used whether it was a tree branch or the legendary dragon sword of fire and ice. you could turn around and hand it to anyone at any time. Or you could bring the weapon to a weapon smith and have that NPC customize your weapon to fit you specifically. This did nothing aesthetically but imerssively this NPC just changed this sword to fit your personal preferences which gave the item a 20% bonus to its stats. This bound the item to you because now that it has your preference in another players hands it would be an awkward weapon. so in otherwords the sword is now worthless to everyone but yourself.

Normally this is just implemented because it is one of the major ways to prevent currency inflation. but with the unique currency system they plan to use where there isn't a global currency I don't believe this would be an issue. and if for some reason it was I think that they could use a similar system to that above but instead of increasing stats they could increase its durability if its bound. That way as long as a weapon or item is not bound to your character the durability would decrease quickly but if you bind it to your character the weapon becomes worthless currency wise but wouldnt need to be repaired as often. They could even say unbound items require materials to repair. there are many other ways of fixing this but the Bind on Pickup for weapons and armor is kind of a step backwards

Comments

• Options
    The problem you have if you remove BoE / BoP is you'll have higher level players farming areas known for "fat loots" to either equip alts, equip guildies or to sell on AH. What the answer is I don't really know, as it's a pain sometimes to just vendor or even trash good equipment.

I suppose you could have a item deprecation once bound or picked up. For instance you loot a 100 damage sword, which you use for 10 levels, after that if you wish to hand it to someone else or AH it, it looses 10% of it's damage so becomes a 90 damage sword, this could carry on from player to player till the weapon becomes non viable. So even a 90 damage sword would still be of use to a player 10 levels below you and so forth.

The other option is you have to pay a weapon smith / armour smith say 50% of the item value to hand the item on, so again that would deter farmers.
  • Options
    I never really understood why games did a BoE/BoP system. What are the pros and cons of BoE/BoP?

I'm guessing it's to disincentive people from hacking into other players account and selling their equipment? Since it's hard to stop hackers, BoE is something that allows your items to be protected in a sense.

BoP is kind of extreme. I haven't really seen that in any games I've personally played.

This is a game with one of the 4 pillars is economy so I doubt they would put in a system like BoP that would run counter-intuitive to their 4 goals.
  • Options
    gear will break over time. you use gear till you dont need it and salvage it or it gets destroyed and you need new stuff! economy is mostley based on materials and player crafted items. so crafting stay's relevant. bosses will not drop any gear only high tier materials or cosmetic skins. this is a way better system , crafters are important in this game.

edit: bosses can drop some special gear, and you can deconstruct it and sell or use the components in crafting.

i looked some more in to it, but i dont think there is BoP only BoE for some items.. cld be wrong tho.. time will tell.