Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Who may see the untouched wilderness of Ashes?

Hello,

the question is, how long it will take for the first nodes to spawn from players influence?
Will the early birds only see it? Will the world be starting to populate and prosper, when the casual player gets a chance to join the world?

Comments

• Options
    The node development won't start until the game fully releases to all the public, so no the early birds will not see node development. They will see a bit of the wilderness and level, but it'll be most likely a slow trudge up that leveling hill for people at the beginning. It isn't that big of a deal, you'll miss the first awe at the game but of course there's still the Alpha's and Beta's, so even beforehand people will know what to do. You can always just watch YouTube videos or streams on Twitch, I'm sure people will put up videos so you can learn.
  • Options
    How about players that dont join at startup immediately? 
  • Options
    There will probably be nodes that rise and fall, which will open up opportunities to start up new nodes.
  • Options
    Yes, but what I meant is, that when there is nothing but wilderness in the World at startup. That will be the only time you will be able to experience that, right?
  • Options
    Possibly, I guess time will tell for sure.
  • Options
    There will be spots only in a region in this "wilderness". Groups of them. some will try to "settle" them. only one will turn into camp-village etc. Yes at start there is none, but its not the world that is being settled immiediatly. Only the tier 1 zones. then (hardcore) will move to free tier 2 zones then tier 3... etc. So "wildernesses" will be there in other tier zones.

• Options
    Depends, if 1000-10000 players are in the same zone killing mobs, gathering stuff, questing, we will probbaly see a metro in no time. But thats probbaly not going to happen. XD