Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A good ideia about PvP deserves a new topic

@torsoreaper wrote:

My ideal PVP system would just be that no matter what the level, when you attack eachother you are equal weighted in stats. So you basically have PVE stats and PVP stats. That way if someone is lvl 50 and he thinks “I’m gonna gank this lowbie”, even if I’m lvl 5 but I am more skillful at the actual game, maybe I kill him. That’s the same way it works in League of Legends, CS:GO, DOTA, Battlefield, etc.. It’s about skill, not “i played for a long time so I have xyz gear”.

This way you still retain that feeling of danger but you don’t have to worry about griefing as much because people can’t just repeatedly one shot you.

Comments

• Options
    [quote quote=15837]if someone is lvl 50 and he thinks “I’m gonna gank this lowbie”, even if I’m lvl 5 but I am more skillful at the actual game, maybe I kill him[/quote]

That can only work with an action combat system and its still kind of balanced between haters and lovers....
    for my part i like action over tab targeting but more for the immersion then for the reason u just mentioned.

to give my opinion on what you just brought up:
    that would be both good and bad. see urself getting buttkicked by a "lowbie" even tho your character has progressed so much and u invested a lot of time. for the one being attacked its a nice feature but fore the attacker its just killing his love for the game because he cant do what he came there for. progression should still have effect on how hard ur attacks hit the enemy but being able to get away as the lowbie by skillfully dodging and maybe stunning the attacker would be rewarding.
    a simply good balanced action combat system should be enough.
    but adding the environment like lets say trees or rocks to hide behind would add a nice flavor to the task.
    this way the choice of battleground would add to the immersion.
  • Options
    If you become corrupt enough, your stats will weaken significantly... so eventually lowbies should be able to vanquish you...
    And when that happens, the penalties will be fairly dire.
    AoC ain't gonna do things like DOTA and Battlefield.
  • Options
    If you really want to attack players without accruing penalties, just use your monster tokens.