Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[NA][Casual, RP, PvX] Destiny Reforged

Hello, and welcome, welcome! Come in, sit down, and draw yourself a pint or three. Oh, ale’s not your favorite? We have stronger spirits, just name your poison!

Destiny Reforged is a group of individuals who’ve gamed together, and separately, for almost a decade. We are a guild that believes the friendship and relationships we build make any game better. Unfortunately, not all in our group is planning to join the fun in AoC – at least, not initially, perhaps – but that’s ok. That just means we now have an opportunity to reach out to you, and ask you – what is your ideal guild home like?

Is it one that’s laid back, has no restrictions on your playstyle, as long as your playstyle doesn’t create or add drama? Is it one where gchat is OOC, but in-game-world interactions are largely RP? Is it one where we laugh, joke, and act like idiots as often as possible? If so, then we might be the guild you’re looking for. Not the droids, no … but the guild. We are looking for new friends to adventure, explore, and occasionally cause a little mischief with.

We believe now is an excellent amount of time to begin gathering other players who might want a home like what we have to offer before the Alpha, Beta, and Launch phases. We are also working with Ashes of Creation Roleplay, a group of RPers who’re working out what RP alliances might look like. Many of us do love us some RP; many of us couldn’t care less about it. That’s ok; the alliances will still help shape our gameplay.

Currently, this web/forum site doesn’t allow any direct PM within the forum; I believe that will change. If you have questions, please post them below; I will check this post at least once a day.

Tally-ho and all that rot!

Comments

• Hello

I would like to meet you all. I am an easy going guy looking for a casual guild to have some fun with.

I cannot figure out how to p;m on this forum. Maybe pm is disabled or I am.

Anyway you can email if you want at larueman9@gmail.com or contact me here.

Thanks
  • Greetings, I am interested as well. Would like to know how to contact you Isende.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    [quote quote=24312]Greetings, I am interested as well. Would like to know how to contact you Isende.[/quote] Greetings, and well-met! Now that we're updated, please feel free to PM me!
  • Emailed you. Really liked your description of this guild, and think y'all might be a great fit!
  • Hello, Isende. I am interested in finding a steadfast guild that will persevere. I'm not sure how the guild mechanic will work in Ashes but I am planning on playing a dwarf in the underworld as a crafter/merchant. So of course I'll be part of a node in that area but I would hope and like that node to look for an alliance with the nearest top world node for trading, defense and expansion purposes. I guess my question is that if you and most of your guild are top side how will it work for me to be in your guild as an underworld dwarf? I've seen your posts previously and like your tenor and would be interested in joining your guild. Just not sure on how all this will work out mechanic wise. By the way, like your husband, I'm one of those 50+ fogie, ????. Thanks for your time.
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/casual-laid-back-group-na/#post-25783">Raptorcia wrote:</a></div>By the way, like your husband, I’m one of those 50+ fogie, .</blockquote>

Just means you're well-rounded, yes?

That's a great question, and I have to admit I'm uncertain how it'll work out. Given that there's so much still up-in-the-air with how the nodes will work, and given the amount of time between now and launch, we haven't, as a guild, really discussed this yet. For instance, we haven't even decided which races we'll be starting with, whether we're going to aim for this area, or that area, for whatever reason.

I'm going to pass this on to our co-leaders, @possum & @isamuthemad, and see what they may have to offer to this :-)
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/casual-laid-back-group-na/#post-25783">Raptorcia wrote:</a></div>By the way, like your husband, I’m one of those 50+ fogie, .</blockquote>

So, that just means you're higher-level than me, right?

Interestingly, I'd responded to this. I've noticed that, sometimes, for no reason whatsoever, the forums site doesn't actually POST things you've posted. Anyway -- forward, ho!

That is actually a very good question; sadly, I do not have a very good answer. To be bluntly honest, we're still sorting stuff out. For instance; how many different races will we be creating at launch? We don't like to restrict our guildies, so I'm sure we'll end up with at least one of each. So ... different starting areas. How, then, do we get all our peeps from different starting areas to one combined area?

Given that there is a dearth of information, thus far, on what the world will look like, I just don't know enough to answer this. I've asked our co-leaders @possum and @isamuthemad to poke their heads in here and offer up some tidbits; they tend to stay more informed than me. If there's an answer, I trust one of them will be able to provide it. If there isn't, I'd say that we'll rediscuss that issue closer to launch, or at least after we get our feet wet in Alpha2.
  • And now it's telling me I've already posted a comment with a response to you, which isn't showing up. Weird.

This is, yet again, what I posted to you; let's see if it posts this?

<blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/casual-laid-back-group-na/#post-25783">Raptorcia wrote:</a></div>By the way, like your husband, I’m one of those 50+ fogie, .</blockquote>

So, that just means you're higher-level than me, right?

Interestingly, I'd responded to this. I've noticed that, sometimes, for no reason whatsoever, the forums site doesn't actually POST things you've posted. Anyway -- forward, ho!

That is actually a very good question; sadly, I do not have a very good answer. To be bluntly honest, we're still sorting stuff out. For instance; how many different races will we be creating at launch? We don't like to restrict our guildies, so I'm sure we'll end up with at least one of each. So ... different starting areas. How, then, do we get all our peeps from different starting areas to one combined area?

Given that there is a dearth of information, thus far, on what the world will look like, I just don't know enough to answer this. I've asked our co-leaders @possum and @isamuthemad to poke their heads in here and offer up some tidbits; they tend to stay more informed than me. If there's an answer, I trust one of them will be able to provide it. If there isn't, I'd say that we'll rediscuss that issue closer to launch, or at least after we get our feet wet in Alpha2.
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/casual-laid-back-group-na/#post-25783">Raptorcia wrote:</a></div>I guess my question is that if you and most of your guild are top side how will it work for me to be in your guild as an underworld dwarf?</blockquote>

Oddly, Isende forwarded to me via e-mail a reply she had posted to you, but I don't see her reply here. This forum appears to have some functionality issues. So, I've copied her comment and pasted it below. My further response will follow that.

<blockquote>So, that just means you're higher-level than me, right?

Given that there is a dearth of information, thus far, on what the world will look like, I just don't know enough to answer this. I've asked our co-leaders @possum and @isamuthemad to poke their heads in here and offer up some tidbits; they tend to stay more informed than me. If there's an answer, I trust one of them will be able to provide it. If there isn't, I'd say that we'll rediscuss that issue closer to launch, or at least after we get our feet wet in Alpha2.</blockquote>

As my dear wife pointed out, we don't yet really have much info on how the world is to be laid out. What races we play and how we'll get ourselves organized in the game will be something we work out as Intrepid provides more info on the geography of the world, or when we get into the Alpha, whichever comes first. I'm sure, by the time we launch, we'll have it sorted out.

Rest assured, some of us will be making trips to the underrealm. I am an explorer at heart and I am always compelled to venture to every possible corner I can. I want to see it all!
  • OK, I replied to this, and it didn't post. What is wrong with the forum?

** Edit ** Let me see if I can paste my comments into this post:

Oddly, Isende forwarded to me via e-mail a reply she had posted to you, but I don't see her reply here. This forum appears to have some functionality issues. So, I've copied her comment and pasted it below. My further response will follow that.

<blockquote>So, that just means you're higher-level than me, right?

Given that there is a dearth of information, thus far, on what the world will look like, I just don't know enough to answer this. I've asked our co-leaders @possum and @isamuthemad to poke their heads in here and offer up some tidbits; they tend to stay more informed than me. If there's an answer, I trust one of them will be able to provide it. If there isn't, I'd say that we'll rediscuss that issue closer to launch, or at least after we get our feet wet in Alpha2.</blockquote>

As my dear wife pointed out, we don't yet really have much info on how the world is to be laid out. What races we play and how we'll get ourselves organized in the game will be something we work out as Intrepid provides more info on the geography of the world, or when we get into the Alpha, whichever comes first. I'm sure, by the time we launch, we'll have it sorted out.

Rest assured, some of us will be making trips to the underrealm. I am an explorer at heart and I am always compelled to venture to every possible corner I can. I want to see it all!
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/casual-laid-back-group-na/#post-25848">Possum wrote:</a></div>OK, I replied to this, and it didn’t post. What is wrong with the forum?

</blockquote>

Figures, that posted. Let me try to paste my previous post again.
  • Isende and Possum , thank you for your reply. I kind of figured that my question would be a bit ambiguous at this early stage to answer. I as well look to explore as I gather for my craft ( may Dumathoin lead me to Mithril ). With the release date still 1 1/2 years away there will be plenty of time for things to flesh out. I will be in Alpha as well and look forward to attacking the learning curve of Ashes with a good group of people. Thanks again for your expedient reply and time.
  • Raptorcia, if you should like to consider us as a possibility for a guild match, I'd be happy to chat with you via email, if that's ok. My email is posted above. In the meantime, hope to see/hear from you again as the game moves closer to release.

And is it necessary for me to be totally jealous? Will you be in Alpha1?
  • Hey, You guys interested in EU players? or you sticking to NA?
  • @drakonem, if you're ok with the fact that we'll be totally on different schedules, we have no problem with EU players! We've had EU players, and Oceanic, and players from India and (once) China, in our guilds before. Typically it can kinda suck for the EU players, if there aren't enough other folk on when they're on, but if you're cool with that option, please feel free to email me directly, and thanks for that question! Saved someone else askin' it, likely :-)
  • yeah thats no problem. i dropped you a mail.
  • Isende, I sent a couple of e-mails your way. I didn't see your reply til after my first e-mail.
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/casual-laid-back-group-na/#post-26024">Drakonem wrote:</a></div>Hey, You guys interested in EU players? or you sticking to NA?

</blockquote>

Drakonum, if we both end up playing Ashes with this guild, I am one of those night owl /early bird hybrids that you will probably see in game.
  • All done & taken care of, thanks guys!
  • Interested and emailed
  • Isende said:
    Raptorcia wrote:By the way, like your husband, I’m one of those 50+ fogie, .

I'm not sure dear, but I think you just called me fat.  :-P
  • Possum said:
    Isende said:

Why, I never! You put words in my mouth! *huffs off*
  • Isende said:
    Possum said:
    Isende said:

Why, I never! You put words in my mouth! *huffs off*

*biting my tongue*
  • Id like to join, but I'm EU, and will probably be sticking to EU servers since thats where my brother will be. v.v But! I suppose I can be there for the Beta. If you will have me for that brief time.
    edited June 2017
    -snip- Can't we delete these yet?
    edited June 2017
    Isende said:
    @Grendalloffen, hello and well-met! I will be pming you so that we can chat :smiley: Look forward to talking to you!
    -snip-

Glad to have you!
  • @Isende and I enjoyed participating in the guild fair tonight.  Thank you @Needletail for organizing it and thank you @Sarumonin for hosting.  Fantastic job!  I think I can safely speak for all the guilds when I say thank you for this opportunity.
  • Hello! I have read over the current discussion and I am interested in learning more about the guild! I was wondering if the guild had a discord or a better place to converse more efficiently! 

Please let me know! I have also sent out a similar message to Isende!