Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Class switching

So when I start an RPG or MMORPG game, i like to immerse myself in that game.
That means, I AM my character.
The problems with most MMORPGs are, that if i want to try out, or switch to an other class, then I need to create an "alt". This breaks the immersion for me. :(
I know that this game will have a dual-class sort-ish system, but that is not enough for me. I am someone who is really curious, and likes to test/try out, new things (this always includes classes).
I am not saying that there shouldn't be any alts in the game that would be bad as well, because sometimes you just need to be someone else ;). I am only saying that there should be an option for my character to switch main classes or class combinations.

For example:
I am a warrior/cleric combo, but I want to switch the classes to tank/summoner because why not, so I go to the main node in the region, and there I use the "class obelisk" to switch my class to the desired one.

BAM!!! I am now a tank/summoner class, with the same character that I love so much, and I don't need to create a new char. No split personalities whatsoever. :)

Comments

• Options
    you cannot change the main class, but you can change the sub class. for example, I can go mage/fighter then change it to mage/rogue.
    it's likely to change, I don't know.
  • Options
    I know that you are able to change the second class. And i think that it is a great idea.
    I'm just saying that if you want to change the main class of your character, then you need to create a new character altogether.
    I am not really the fan of alts (don't get me wrong, they are useful sometimes, but i'm a 1 character guy).
    I am just saying that it would be nice to have some kind of a system where you can change the main class of your char as well (that is the example with the obelisk or some other mechanic if you prefer something else).

And for the second class to augment your first class powers, I think it is great. I can't wait to test it out, and fine tune it for my play stile. :D (I just hope that there will will be some kind of leaching/self sustaining attacks. I'm a sucker for those :) )

I think this game has great opportunities. :) I have been waiting for something like this :D