Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Taking Freeholds one step further..

Freehold Dungeons!

Yeah! You heard me. Player run dungeons.

Imagine that necromancer hanging out in a crypt in the middle of a cemetery.

Of course, the owner could be compensated by character loot drops... :p

Comments

• Options
    EDIT1: I just became familiar with the concept of "freehold" just now after some research. I can see potential risk of loosing your freehold in a raid and etc. Though due to the limited size of a freehold, it will probably become an instance dungeon once you enter?

Interesting idea.

There will be several problems that would have to be address to make the idea viable.

1) If players leave, it's straight forward. If dungeon master leaves, what happens to the dungeon?

2) Does the dungeon exist within an instance or in open world? Does it still exist when the dungeon master logs out?

3) What 'risk' does the dungeon master take? What resources are required to build a dungeon? Who's qualified to become a dungeon master? Since you suggest the dungeon master gains the players loot upon death, what risk does the dungeon master take to get such perks? Does he put up a deposit in the dungeon treasure trove and looses it upon defeat?

4) How would you prevent players from abusing the dungeon system? PKing will be pretty difficult to pull off since you enter as a party, but lets say the healer is in bed with the dungeon master. He pretends to heal the team but fails right at the boss stage and the party is wiped. He then gets a cut from the dungeon master.
  • Options
    Hhhhm. User defined, player run dungeons.
    Creepy old crypts and stuff.
    I like the idea of the content side.... but any other freehold actually provides a service to the node.
    Is this really a service ?

Maybe as a training room I guess ?