Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Military nodes as social PvP hub

Since the exact use of Military nodes isnt yet known and Steven mentioned there will be PvP Arenas why not use those nodes as a social hub for specific PvP Activities . For PvP Arenas and "PvP Events".

So every military node will host 1 specific Arena Format like (with serverwide matchmaking) :
Capture the Flag, 1vs1 Arena , 3vs3 Arena, Dominance and so on...

And will additionaly host 1 or maybe 2 PvP Events that are different from region to region, that spawn daily or weekly.
This will make the player visit several different Military Nodes for different PvP Activities and experiences.
Those PvP Events sets other players /guilds that joined forces at a different military node as temporary enemy for an objective to fight and compete around.
Winning those Events could effect all the other nodes in range for the military node with bonuses. It also develops the military node further.

I also remember Steven saying that if you want to climb the ladder of society in a military node it should be by fighting, and those Arenas and Events would perfectly provide it.

Progression:
A city could host larger PvP Events that involve more than 2 Military nodes

A Metropolis could host tournaments of Arena Formats for example.

What do you guys think about this basic idea?

Comments

• Options
    I am very curious to find out more about the Militaristic nodes. I imagine it going 1 of 2 ways...

Either the leader of the Militaristic node is chosen based on leaderboards at the time .

or

There will be a world event where people can enter to fight their way up the ladder system and only one player comes out victorious. This would be held in the Militaristic metropolis for its citizens to watch and maybe even place bets on the winner! This is the route I hope they choose for deciding who is going to lead the metropolis.

And I hope you are right in that they think of other ways to hold PvP events in the metropolis like a Free for All arena you can hop into where it's everyman for himself and perhaps you have chests that spawn for you to fight over.

Thanks for the topic!
  • Options
    I would like the top 128 from the leader boards to be chosen for the leadership tournament.
    Points are only collated from genuine battle areas and not civilians.
    You are awarded 1 point per kill x (level of player killed / max level attainable)
    So killing a level 1/100 player awards 0.01 points and killing a level 100/100 player awards 1 point.
    No noob ganking and easy kills.

Winner progresses to next round.
    7 levels....127 fights over the course of the day.
    Best of 3 bouts to err on the side of combat skill rather than a one off fluke.

Well thats what I would have liked to see..but its easily gamed.
    One external guild, creates multiple internal guilds, and they just ragdoll kill each other to fake combat kills.
    Cant think how to get around that at the moment without monitoring every PvP fight for effort metrics.
  • Options
    I kinda assumed that would naturally be the point of that node and I like it ^^
    I think that events will probably need to be player organised by the council in charge of the node.
    Good councilors will encourage events within the node and will make it successful so I'm excited to see how players will maximise the political influence they will have over their node ^^

I would like to come sit in the stands of the arena and cheer on our pvpers :D
  • Options
    Yes..would be good to sit in the stands, eat, drink, chat, make in-game wagers and watch the ensuing combat.
    Entertainment at its finest with class defining examples of combat skill.
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/military-nodes-as-social-pvp-hub/#post-27867">Rune_Relic wrote:</a></div>I would like the top 128 from the leader boards to be chosen for the leadership tournament.
    Points are only collated from genuine battle areas and not civilians.
    You are awarded 1 point per kill x (level of player killed / max level attainable)
    So killing a level 1/100 player awards 0.01 points and killing a level 100/100 player awards 1 point.
    No noob ganking and easy kills.

Winner progresses to next round.
    7 levels….127 fights over the course of the day.
    Best of 3 bouts to err on the side of combat skill rather than a one off fluke.

Well thats what I would have liked to see..but its easily gamed.
    One external guild, creates multiple internal guilds, and they just ragdoll kill each other to fake combat kills.
    Cant think how to get around that at the moment without monitoring every PvP fight for effort metrics.

</blockquote>

I guess the other thing to remember is that only citizens will be able to participate in becoming a leader. So if it chooses players from the leaderboards it will only choose the top players that happen to be citizens. I guess it could just be something that people sign up for, with some sort of limit to how many people can sign up. I hope the 3rd and 4th part of the node video series touched upon this.
  • Options
    I guess the other thing to remember is that only citizens will be able to participate in the Militaristic nodes battle for leadership. So whether it chooses players from the leaderboards or is an open enrollment it is important that you are a citizen of the node first.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure they've actually mentioned this exact thing before. Like, Stephen has outright said (I think) that there will be instanced Arenas and events in Military nodes of a certain level.
  • Options
    I like this idea a lot! Especially what @Rune_Relic said about noob ganking I honestly was a little worried about that tbh!

so perhaps a requirement for a certain lvl? in order to join in this victorious battle to the death xD

Perhaps I missed read this , but when Steven said about the military node and you have to fight your way up I took it as a big arena everyone fights to the death complete free for fall!

I hope their will be stages and BETTING!! xD Reason NO to free for all I can see alot of friends teaming up

Also!
    Having 2 military nodes fight each other in an arena sounds Awesome to watch!

Cough cough
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOJ_TlqECcQ

Thanks for the topic I enjoyed reading this
  • Options
    Yeah for honor.
    Rewrote and forever changed the meaning of PvP gaming combat.
    Credit where its due.
    Thats the real stuff right there.
  • Options
    @Rune_Relic For Real!!! Best pvp combat system I have ever experienced!