Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nodes

I know we've seen (should have seen) the videos on the nodes and the level progressions through said area nodes and how they can occur through different areas. I was curious if it's been thought to include an area like a forest with, bigger than the average, tree and being able to somehow have that node built up in the trees canopy tops. I feel it would be incredibly cool and unique for them to implement the surrounding areas like in trees as mentioned before or sitting on a lake itself, or in a mountain and adding different looks and designs in to building the city into the environment itself and creating different looks and it really showing how that node is utilizing the materials in that area to the advantage where as it's materials are unique to that area. Even though it was pose a problem with how sieges would take place. Whether the trebuchet couldn't reach a tree top or inside a mountain What do you think adding that kind of level and detail to really changing the way that city is built into its environment would do? Would it bad or good? Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    I love this idea. As a dwarf centric player i would love to have a city inside or side of a mountain. I hope each node can choose which and where to put its buildings and the materials for construction.
  • Options
    [quote quote=20084]I love this idea. As a dwarf centric player i would love to have a city inside or side of a mountain. I hope each node can choose which and where to put its buildings and the materials for construction.

[/quote]

Hell yes! I just posted something similar in my arrival post! I feel that not doing this hurts class immersion.
  • Options
    Exactly, they've mentioned how the city/node system is one of the key points of the game so being able to really take advantage of immersing yourself into a place that feels like it's different from everywhere else. And once again providing the unique area-special materials. Like mountain:ore, lake:sunken treasure ships containing gems required for gear, trees:provide military advantages while having herbal (alchemy) . Etc and it would also like @South123 stated it could even change the entire look/construction of that node itself in its own textural way
  • Options
    Hope the creative team read our sugesstions as much as they say.