Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Acrobatic and climbing mechanics based on race and class

I reviewed the gameplay trailer for like the fifth time and just watched the Q&A with DocGotGame and realized that there is one more thing I need to know:

Will there be some sort of acrobatic system, which allows maybe a rogue to climb walls or trees so he can set up a trap, or run up a wall doing a backflip in order to avoid getting hit by a sword swing?

What do future players think about such a mechanic and how does Intrepid aim to deal with this matter?
I mean an assassin is without question fitter in acrobatics then a mage and an elf might be better suited for it then a dwarf...

Comments

• Options
    We do know that there is gonna be mechanics to avoid attacks like dodges and blocks.
    But i dont remember them saying anything about the movement of a class or race , as they arent that far in development to set those things in stone.
    But thats just what i know :D
  • Options
    As long as all class have an equally effective alternative playstyle in the same situations,
    I dont mind.
  • Options
    well a tank has his shield and a mage could potentially have something like a phaseshift or he just teleports behind an obstacle... a tank might not be able to climb a big tower so for dungeons to open secret passages you would need a rogue or some sort of agile class and/or race... wouldnt that be a nice feature to have?
    same for underwater: a mage/summonor/bard might have the possibillity to create some sort of air bubble to breath for a certain amount of time so the treasure is easier to acces for him then for others....
    a tank might have the strenght to move heavy objects or hold open a gate so the team can enter a secret passage...
    I think u are getting my idea :)
    it would just be nice to see something like that in an mmorpg for the sake of immersion but its not that crucial, but it would defenitely increase my motivation to pay for it for a longer time :)
  • Options
    [quote quote=19774]I reviewed the gameplay trailer for like the fifth time and just watched the Q&A with DocGotGame and realized that there is one more thing I need to know:

Will there be some sort of acrobatic system, which allows maybe a rogue to climb walls or trees so he can set up a trap, or run up a wall doing a backflip in order to avoid getting hit by a sword swing?

What do future players think about such a mechanic and how does Intrepid aim to deal with this matter?
    I mean an assassin is without question fitter in acrobatics then a mage and an elf might be better suited for it then a dwarf…

[/quote]

While what you posted seems silly to me, why not post this question in the Dev's Q&A thread?