Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Loot/Gear? Anyone know?

I've seen quite a few videos about the basic pillars/ fundamentals of the game. But I haven't seen personally how they intend to do gear/loot. I know crafting will be a thing, is the gear predominantly going to be crafted?

My main question would be beyond crafting (since we know there will be raids and PvE content) will there be armor tiers or 'legendaries' type system or a procedural loot generated system like a Diablo or Asheron's Call.

Personally hope its procedurally generated, while it makes the game and stats more complex it adds a lot of continued growth value and item chase value if done right.

I apologize in advance, fairly new to the campaign.

Comments

• Options
    There will be loot, and there will be gear .
  • Options
    Most of the gear will be crafted, basicly to create the economy. Durability will also factor in. In the video released today they say there will little to no RNG involved with crafting in AOC. Hope that helps a bit.
  • Options
    [quote quote=19904]Most of the gear will be crafted, basicly to create the economy. Durability will also factor in. In the video released today they say there will little to no RNG involved with crafting in AOC. Hope that helps a bit.

[/quote]

Hopefully it goes over well. I find that a lot of times when gear is crafted there can be loopholes like buying/inheriting uber items. But also without some RNG in gear is makes the game a little less complex. It's more fun to have a perfect or high roll of X item, then to have X item that 12 other guildmates have.. Will have to wait and see!