Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mercenary system for solo players/ small guilds?

hey new here, just wondering if there is something like this in the game. I usually play most mmos guildless or with a small group of friends, and a lot of games have the large castle battles that are guild vs guilds to take control of a region sort of thing. But as a solo or small guild there's no opportunity for us to take part. So here are my questions/suggestions

will there be a way for players to post themselves as mercenaries; guilds can hire them for a fee; if that guild wins the merc gets rewarded; and the solo players gets to participate in a large guild v guild event under a borrowed banner.

same feature can be inquired for small guilds of like 10 20 people; to register as merc guilds. this can be a good way for ppl to earn a small profit without having to be super devoted guild rules/politics and stuff.

& obviously there should probably be limits in place to keep super rich guilds from hiring the entire server LOL.

Comments

• Options
    I never really felt comfortable dedicating myself to a guild
    Socially, you are walled-off from the rest of the population.
    So in a way,I'd love a system where there are less strings attached so that I can join/support whoever I feel like
    And for as long as I feel they deserve attention.

Mercenary insinuates that its done for the money only,while in some events you could be more like a volunteer or guild-guest visitor that potentially could turn
    into an apprentice of that guild,if its desired by you.
    This makes the whole grouping experience more natural and flexible in a way.
    Then there is always the argument about loyalty when it comes to guilds.But I believe loyalty is not something anyone can demand through an ingame system.
    the 1-guild-only approach only sees to it that the player has the drastic option to "leave" the old guild when they have real friends joining the game who want to start an own guild for example
    Loyalty comes with the social contacts in the game and making friends
    On the other hand I do know that running guilds takes a lot of time/effort.But if the grouping system is more flexible it could potentially bring your guild more
    in the spotlight as the player wouldn't be forced to trap themself in the first guild they meet.
    Then ofcourse they probably have to make it possible that a guild can not only grow by member amount but also from outside reputation/recognition by players that aren't members

Maybe its good players can consciously make the choice to remain guildless. I'm someone who would appreciate it.
    The wanderer system might be a more accurate name for how i see it ,since I wouldn't always do it for the money.
    ALthough some guilds might want to hire a famous mercenary..The player has to remain in charge of their identity and the alternatives to joining a guild therefore shouldn't only be to become a mercenary.
  • Options
    [quote quote=2009]hey new here, just wondering if there is something like this in the game. I usually play most mmos guildless or with a small group of friends, and a lot of games have the large castle battles that are guild vs guilds to take control of a region sort of thing. But as a solo or small guild there’s no opportunity for us to take part. So here are my questions/suggestions

will there be a way for players to post themselves as mercenaries; guilds can hire them for a fee; if that guild wins the merc gets rewarded; and the solo players gets to participate in a large guild v guild event under a borrowed banner.

same feature can be inquired for small guilds of like 10 20 people; to register as merc guilds. this can be a good way for ppl to earn a small profit without having to be super devoted guild rules/politics and stuff.

& obviously there should probably be limits in place to keep super rich guilds from hiring the entire server LOL.

[/quote]

You may wanna check out the Q&A video post https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGepb_OZLhQ found there, it explains that there will be content for both larger guilds and smaller guilds. i hope that helps
  • Options
    I think that would be a great idea. Guilds are awesome but there often is so much drama, it can be quite bothersome at times.. :3

But I am also a sucker for all that drama, I am honest here. It is just part of games, I guess >:3

Same here, I usually meet players by doing PUG runs, or simple questing or even standing around town doing basically nothing :) But out of these mostly random encounters, a friendship develops.

Maybe I just want to play with a couple of friends at times but aren't so willing to join an entire guild to do so. I think a mercenary system or something similar would be a nice touch to it.

I don't know, something similar to Faction vs. Faction Battles. Yeah, I know there are no factions but let's take servers or certain cities or, I don't know, in mind. That could also be fun, moving together as a group but still being able to hold somewhat free choice.

~ Zention