Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Raiding/demolishing small hubs by a big hub guild ?

My question is; Is there a mechanism/What mechanism is there in place to stop or limit a big guild, from a large hub to demolish and terrorise smaller hubs for an extended period. Say multiple months. As an example, a guild from a large city sieging/demolishing smaller towns and resetting the progress on all the smaller towns in a region to halter the progression of those town and guilds contributing to those towns.

Comments

• Options
    Well, if the big town is terrorising the smaller towns nearby, what will people do in real life? they either move away, out of range from the big hub, or they group up and kick the big guild's ass. or perhaps you could join the big guild.
    The story, as they said, is crafted by you. you choices make the difference.
  • Options
    [quote quote=20274]The story, as they said, is crafted by you. you choices make the difference.[/quote]
    The problem with this answer would be that it’s not your choices than now make the difference it’s the main guilds that would dictate the world. I can see the logic of the answer you provide. In addition, the move away solution would only work if other big hubs would not use a similar method. And if the only other option is join a bigger guild I would feel limited in my options. That is why I was exploring the mechanisms that control events like this and the time/material costs for a guild to undertake such a strategy.

I know its really early in development, but i am curious and like to understand the mechanisms that control this To be game world.
  • Options
    The thing that will prevent big guilds from terrorizing small guilds is distance. There's no fast travel so for a guild to travel all the way to terrorize a small guild, there must be a good reason. Cause they are leaving their main hub defenseless.

If its not a problem with distance, everyone is contribiting to the nodes growth so driving people out means the node will stagnate. Unless they have the numbers sufficient enough to maintain or advance thier node, they are shooting themsleves in the foot.
  • Options
    It could be chaotic until ZOI reach further out, but once they do, then large guilds will have to travel seemingly large distances to not be killing their own populace.

Although if scientific metropolises can teleport to the edge of their influence then they could get around this much easier.

In my mind ZOI will be like the new factions, meaning in the long run, it won't be such a free for all (5 metros per server max). At least not without serious consequences.
  • Options
    IIRC, this is sort of an automatic thing actually. Once a node reaches tier 3 (village), it automatically stops surrounding nodes to level if they are smaller as it increases its ZOI. It will keep doing so as it levels up. I don't think guilds need to do anything at all. I think the fight will be more of a same-level node against each other or players from one or more smaller nodes working to take down a large node so that the smaller nodes will have a chance to level up.
  • Options
    as @Diwata says...
    The larger nodes will absorb the smaller nodes.
    There will only be destruction of nodes if they are left to negelect and degrade.... or they are sieged and destroyed.
    Sieges require a declaration period of multiple days.
    There is also a cool down between sieges of 10x the declaration period.
    The bigger the node.....the longer the declaration required.