Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node Signalling

Hello (first post here) I'm currently a Braver of Worlds on Kickstarter, but I have a follow-up question I can't seem to find an answer to on any sources (which probably means there isn't one yet, but just in case, here goes):

Lets say I join the game knowing I want to participate in a religious type node to a particular deity. Imagine this is early on, and there are no metropolises or cities.

Will the villages and towns have particular buildings or other indications that signal to players what type of node they would be at the Metropolis level, like, say, a temple to a particular deity signaling that it would be a religious node, or a village with a small school signaling it would become a technological node?

Comments

• Options
    <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCvcB4S-tZM" target="_blank">Podcast Interview w/Creative Director Steven Sharif</a> at 15:14 minutes.
    Steven talks about how a player can tell what a node type is based on the npcs within the node. I don't believe we have heard about how to tell what deity a node worships or even if worshiping a deity is limited to religious nodes only.

I may be wrong but from what I've heard so far it sounds like everyone chooses a deity to worship and can switch who they worship throughout the game (probably through quests). So my understanding is that you could have multiple citizens of a military node worshiping different deities.

If the specific nodes do end up worshiping specific deities, I feel that it would be the deity of the majority of religion of the players who have contributed to the nodes development, similar to how the majority of the players race will have an impact of how the nodes look.