Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[AUS / OCE] Blades of Vengeance (BoV) - [PVE|PvP|Crafting|Economy|Node Building]

Hi guys!

First and foremost, just let me say that I’m loving how active the Aussie community is this early in the piece! In regards to the guild, our guild name is Blades of Vengeance (BoV for short). We’ve been around the MMO scene for a little over 10 years, starting in World of Warcraft and then branching out to games like Rift, LOTRO, Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar.

Up until this point we have mainly been a single game guild, however we are currently active in WoW, ESO and branching into Ashes of Creation, so we’ve taken the leap and moved into a multi gaming community.

Now, I know there are a lot of cross game communities out there, and a lot of them offer similar things. So I wanted to point out our points of difference, and they are twofold:

– We are a social guild first and a progression guild second. We’ve never got any server firsts and we’re not in the top 10 guilds on any game. What we are though is a close knit community that encourages people to play the way they want, and explore any aspect of the game that they are interested in, while still being within the guild community.

– We don’t want our members to get lost in the crowd. The aim for our Ashes of Creation guild is for it to be big enough that we can experience all aspects of the game (those 40man raids come to mind every time I say this) but small enough that when you log in, the guild list will be (mostly) full of names of people that you recognize and have interacted with.

Finally, I have a fair idea of how I want to structure this guild, and I am definitely going to need a strong Officer / Admin base under me. The majority of those roles are still empty. So if you’re interested in an Officer / Admin / Moderator role, I’m sure we can put our heads together and come up with something that you’ll enjoy.

In regards to our out of game mediums, we are in the process of building a brand new guild website, which will include the normal: forums, member logins, event calendar (one per game hopefully), game and guild news, etc. We are also building a Streamers section which will highlight the Twitch / Youtube channels for all of our guild streamers.

We have a community Discord channel, which is also broken down into game, so while you can interact with members from other games, it's also obvious where to go if you're after Ashes specific people.

We also have a community Facebook page which gets a lot of use for both general and game specific topics.

As for our specific goals for Ashes of Creation, I have some great ideas that I need to write down, but if I do that here, it could take up a couple of pages, and that's just too much. Lol

I think that should give everyone a decent idea of what our guild is about, so if you're interested in giving us a try, or would even just like to have a further chat about who we are, please feel free to either respond to this post or message me directly through the Ashes of Creation Discord.

Cheers all! I look forward to meeting everyone in game!

Ransyn Bloodway
GM of Blades of Vengeance

Comments

• Options
    Check these guys out if you get the time! A great choice for OCE players.
  • Options
    Just sent a request to your Facebook group. I currently play ESO and live in NZ. I hope that you take people from across the Tasman. Looking forward to playing this game, even though it may be a few years away yet.
  • Options
    Welcome to the mad house, Blackcat!
  • Options
    I've been in Blades of Vengeance for the past 2 and a bit years playing ESO and a few different games with fellow BoV members. BoV is an amazing group of people and players, always friendly and always helpful. If I had to pick a guild to be with, I would say to stick with BoV as the members are genuine, reliable and a pleasure to play around everyday.

You might be thinking I've been payed to say this, (hint hint, Rans) but this is my honest opinion.

Join Blades today, you won't regret it!
  • Options
    Haha! Thanks Joms! And enjoy your guild bought Lifetime sub to Ashes of Creation. *wink*
  • Options
    been hanging out with these guys for the past few days in discord - very good group of people. Friendly and really passionate about this game :D. Seems like a group of people I would definitely want to start ashes of creation with and can recommend them! The guild master is also a very approachable person and knowledgeable about the game to come :) overall 11/10 so far
  • Options
    Thank you for the big vote of confidence Fanta. We appreciate it greatly! ????
  • Options
    great to see another oceanic guild :)
  • Options
    Check out the Guild Fair coming up! BoV will be there! Will you? :D

• Options
    Hey Blades;

As a Sydney based gamer , Im looking for a local Guild not sure if there is room still in BoV, let me know if their is still room for more !
  • Options
    Howdy my name is Jeremy I go by bloodprince1369 I’m for Australia and I’ve played a few mmo games I’m normally a fantasy encorperated player my main structure for games has been around the final fantasy series since I was a kid now I’m 32 and started open out to online gaming with final fantasy online destiny and elder scrolls I’ve always found it hard to find Aussie or oceanic comunity so I hope I can join u all and will apply to ur guild group on Facebook and discord tonight thank u 
  • Options
    I would like to join this guild! :smile:
  • Options
    Hey guys, I plan on playing Ashes of Creation when it comes out and I am excited and can't wait for its release, I have not bought any prepaid stuff (alpha or beta things) I  just can't justify paying that kinda money on something I haven't even tested. lol. Anyways, I am in Australia and would love to join this guild when it comes out. I have seen you guys in Rift (Harachi sp?)
  • Options
    Hi guys!

Sorry for not getting back to you all. I stepped away from the Ashes hype train, because it was still so long until Alpha 1. But I'm now back, and will be responding to everyone shortly.

BoV is still alive, kicking and keen to join the Ashes Oceanic community!

Cheers

Ransyn Bloodway
  • Options
    Hi there! 

I've been tossing up between starting my own guild or joining one that's already well established. 
    You guys seem pretty awesome and i'd be keen on getting to know more! 
  • Options
    Hey Ransyn,

I'm playing WoW while I wait for Ashes.  Thought it might be an idea to play with some of your guild in WoW in the meantime and get to know them - can you tell me if you have a website or link a discord channel?

• Options
    Hey Moor, Julep! Great to meet you guys. Look forward to getting some Ashes gametime with everyone over the weekend!