Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

With no general game lore, how do we make accurate lore for guilds/characters?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Glowingwren

It's all about imagination and what YOU believe your background story is.  Is that not what real role playing is about?  Most of us make up stories for our own characters.  We are a multiple of races coming from different backgrounds to populate and cultivate a new world together as one.  Different races with different backgrounds.  Therefore we will be writing our own lore as we grow together. Who is to say our memories of the past were not erased before we were sent to this new world?  Maybe the Gods will have some answers. 
  • Options
    You don't necessarily need lore this early on, I'm sure everyone can wait until Steven wants to give it out. Even though it would be great to know!
  • Options
    Yeah. I'm sure you can have a rough idea of what your character is going to do and his or her drives without the lore. 

As more is revealed, you can flesh it out further and tie it to significant locations or events. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback guys!
  • Options
    Hello all, if im right i havent read anything about this so i just  post it if u dont mind . 
    but its on the kickstarter too i think? 

Our ancestors left  this land because of the corruption , and flee to where is no magic so there was no chance to study magic without the ability to use it ,but "now" the portal opened up to a  a land / paralel world / dimension where magic is abudant or so and we are  aftera thousand of years without magic we are to be experience magic for the first time in our "lifetime" .

i hope this helps add to to the lore guys/grills 
  • Options
    I'm not sure how much official lore is there right now, because I haven't had time to follow the development. I can see how having a blank universe for now is tough of fleshing out your character. 

If you enjoy lore in general though, and enjoy fleshing out a character, you can still write a backstory that is engaging, yet flexible enough to plant it in any universe (maybe with a few tweaks).
  • Options
    Cyreph said:
    I'm not sure how much official lore is there right now, because I haven't had time to follow the development. I can see how having a blank universe for now is tough of fleshing out your character. 

If you enjoy lore in general though, and enjoy fleshing out a character, you can still write a backstory that is engaging, yet flexible enough to plant it in any universe (maybe with a few tweaks).
    Not much. I don't even think they've named the world we live in. 
  • Options
    Cyreph said:

I vote for Draedinopolis! :o:p
  • Options
    Draedin said:
    Cyreph said:

I like that ^^reminds me of the necropolis of  home 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Draedin said:
    Cyreph said:

I like that ^^reminds me of the necropolis of  home 

Gross, Draedinopolis is a planet full of mountains to mine and forges to strike and orcs faces to smash.

Silly Necromancer!

• Options
    I can have a tomb in a mine just look at moria  >:)
  • Options
    @Draedin and @nagash can battle to see who rules the underrealm. Heh. 
  • Options
    @Draedin and @nagash can battle to see who rules the underrealm. Heh. 
    Hold my beer
  • Options
    If you don't put the dead in the ground they will just make more by putting you in the ground
  • Options
    nagash said:
    If you don't put the dead in the ground they will just make more by putting you in the ground
    Putting a dwarf in the ground!  That's a laugh :D:D;) 
  • Options
  • Options
    You ain't got the guts.

- apologies to OP, you can have your thread back. :#:#
  • Options
    Maybe using the architecture of buildings of the first node where the guild/character were created/born, i have seen that there are diferent architecture like oriental occidental and middle east and north of afric; also can be made out from the biggest issue/situation/fact in the node.
  • Options
    Background cultural lore and lore on the gods is needed