Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Sexualization of women from a woman's perspective

Something I have noticed as of late is some women gamers complaining of sexualization of the female characters in a game in terms of aesthetics. Many of us are excited at the prospect of being able to customize our characters in any way we wish. There are also those that want to tamper that in whatever way they feel is best. I personally enjoy playing "dress up" with my characters and yes, there are some sexy outfits in there. I don't think that going through and having full on nudity is great, but having some sexy outfits aren't bad either. I understand that in many aspects women are viewed as strictly sex objects, but there is also another point of view that we go through and make ourselves sex objects as well. There isn't a woman out there that doesn't like to feel desirable, and sexy outfits happen to be part of that, or so some choose. I believe that some female characters can look "bad-ass" while still looking sexy. It doesn't mean that that has to be thrust upon you, you can still have the choice to go through and look "bad-ass" without having a whole lot of skin showing, but there should also be that other option too for those who really enjoy playing "dress up" and wishing that in many ways we could wear that sort of thing in the real world. Going through and tampering the choices of xmog and customization is the answer as the attitude behind it should be examined instead. Just my perspective.