Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Taxes on the nodes?

Hi everyone ;3 I haven't heard or seen to much information on this. Like very often Steve says that the nodes will have a tax system. Now I'm wondering if that's mainly for economic nodes or is that all nodes in general? Also how would this node tax work... Like will it automatic be added to everything and at what % will this tax be at, cuz if that's the case then we all better hope monsters actually drops mad money T.T cuz the economy of AOC will be hella crazy. Lol like this worlds own now. I know its early to talk about this but it's been on my mind lately -_- dam economic classes.

Comments

• Options
    All cities will have tax so the government can spend on city improvements such as defence. Taxes are probably decided by the government.
  • Options
    IS there gona be a "Trump" president owning/ruling a metropolis and setting up the rules and taxes?
  • Options
    Lmao let's hope not. But gosh I just hope the economy of AOC balances out
  • Options
    I'm not really concerned with taxes being implemented into the game.

Without getting too political, it's not really the idea of taxes that's bad. It's the way it's carried out, that's bad. Unfair taxation, and then those taxes not being truly used for the welfare of the people.

No taxation, without representation. And, it's pretty clear that our representation has been f'd up for a while.

AoC, simply being an MMO, should be able to avoid such pitfalls. Especially since it's coded in the game mechanics that tax funds can only be used for node development. Nothing else.
  • Options
    Please do not allow taxes to exceed a percentage.
    also only allow taxes to be changed every so often, not when ever they damn well please. Its a pain to have the taxes 5% one hour then 50%+ then next right when you finally have saved up to buy something and find out you no longer have the funds.
  • Options
    [quote quote=22593]Please do not allow taxes to exceed a percentage.
    also only allow taxes to be changed every so often, not when ever they damn well please. Its a pain to have the taxes 5% one hour then 50%+ then next right when you finally have saved up to buy something and find out you no longer have the funds.

[/quote]
    I believe the leader controls the tax rate.
    if they overtax, you can simply move out.
    I'd probably be more of a freehold guy and spend 90% of my time out of the node, soo.... meh
  • Options
    Leaders control the government and the tax rates.
    If the taxes are too high and the leaders won't lower them, overthrow the leaders or siege the city or move.
    Military Metropolis is governed by one leader who could be a tyrant.
  • Options
    The leader only holds position for 1 month? You can always vote for a new leader or just move to a new node and watch it burn without the players to support it.