Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How to curb gold farmers spamming

This is an issue that has annoyed me since i started playing online games in the mid to late 90's.
They are annoying and i never use them. Games like STO have a plague of them. I'm contently getting emails from people trying to sell me currency. The chat's are plagued with them as well. i know its praticlyimpossible to get rid of them intirly but what can be done to curb their presence and influence.
I have not looked far in this forem since i registered today after supporting it on kickstarter 10 days ago.

My ideas. feasible or not
1) standerd ban for spamming chat and mail.
2) mail- don't allow new players to email any one untell they have progressed a ways into the game more then a few hours of doing things other then sitting still in one spot. People whom have progressed past this point can mail "All others"
3) same as above but with chat and pm.

gold farmers annoy the hell out of me, and take money away from the developers that deserve it. Main reason besides their spamming is that it can turn a game into a pay to win and screws the economy making things more expensive and harder for people who don't buy the money to raise the cash to afford the things they want.

Comments

• Options
    Have actual real life employees manning the chats in some form like the old days.

Have a report feature that actually works and or at least mutes someone for a set amount of time if enough people report them.

Make buying / selling gold a severely punishable offence.

There's probably a few others I can think of but am failing right now. One of the main issues these days and mostly because f2p mmos don't care is the lack of any staff members or team in channels. I understand this costs money but still.
  • Options
    BDO uses a chat filter that allows you to enter keywords and phrases that gold sellers use in chat. Update it until the spam is gone and so are the sellers...poof.
    Don't forget to ban the douchebags that actually use gold seller sites too.
  • Options
    Use a report Player sytem that sends a screan shot to a DM, so they can perma ban them.

The use of Block Character, so that you don't see what their typing/sampling.

Anti Saming scrip, with a 3+ sec wait time be for each post in chat.

Auto Chat Ban script for when a gold spammer, spams the same thing back to back.

:)

-Ravossel
  • Options
    Oh yeah and not just for gold spammers but don't make an ignore list with a small limit of 100 people or anything. That way if you can't stop spammers you can at least let us ignore them.
  • Options
    [quote quote=22642]Oh yeah and not just for gold spammers but don’t make an ignore list with a small limit of 100 people or anything. That way if you can’t stop spammers you can at least let us ignore them.

[/quote]

Don't forget the Trolls, they need love as well.

(;