Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Idea/Question] Owning a Mine!

I wanna own a mine and sell digging licences to people for XY Coins.
> The licence allows them to go diggin in that area for XY Minutes - and depending on the Rules set to that location, they can keep what they find.

> If the time runs out, my Mine-Guards will aproach them and tell them, that their licence has run out and tell them they have XY Minutes to leave or they get kicked out - and my Guards will take his Minerals for the Trouble he caused.
But the Person who bought the licence can also just go and buy a new licence with no problems.

This mining area could also have NPCs there that mine, maybe... they work for me, or other players send them there with coins to gather ressources?
Well, and since i own that place.. i have to pay for the (NPC?)Guards in that Area - maybe i could also hire and pay a few Players as Guards?

Can that please, be a thing?

Comments

• Options
    How would YOU obtain a mine?
    Firts comes, first served?
  • Options
    [quote quote=22711]How would YOU obtain a mine?
    Firts comes, first served?
    [/quote]

I presume it would have to be tied to Node ownership. Like, if Teyloune's guild owned the Node, then Teyloune could be the "foreman" of the mine and sell licenses to mine there.

However, if the node was ever lost to another guild, then Teyloune's ability to "own" that mine would also be lost.

(Regardless of how this would work, I freaking love this idea!)
  • Options
    I like this idea.

I would like to see this extended to include

Should a mine reach a certain size after considerable mining then:

a) the mine becomes own-able by a guild whereby a gate can be build and installed
    b) the gate could be taken down by another guild by considerable effort and defended
    c) the mine itself could evolve just like a node depending on how it is mined ie longer gains more resources, deeper leads to the danger (mobs / raid bosses)
    d) if the mine reached a certain size then portions of it could start spawning mobs
    e) if the mine reached an even larger size then it has the potential to spawn a raid boss unique to the mine
  • Options
    It is a nice idea, but what will you do against people who want to take your mine?
    Raw ore is a pretty valuable thing. :)
  • Options
    as long as owning a mine comes with all the hardships as well as the benefits, I think this is a solid idea. Hiring guards, protecting your haul, dealing with whatever monsters your mining awakens, general stuff people have talked about already.
  • Options
    i think its a nice idea. being able to obtain nice land and if you are fortunate and have good materials or gems on that porterty you could make a mine and then sell licenses for players and maybe NPCs to work there.
    makes owning land and trying to defend your nodes even more exciting. i will become a gatherer, miner and i would really like it if i could search for people that offer their mines. sounds like a fun experience.
    i would like such a feature
  • Options
    [quote quote=22924]It is a nice idea, but what will you do against people who want to take your mine?
    Raw ore is a pretty valuable thing. ????
    [/quote]

Hopefully they'll have some kind of guard mechanic where you can hire NPC's to guard your mine. Obviously, against a decent group of players a few guards probably won't put up much of a fight. So, I would hope that there would also be some kind of alert that you would receive when your mine is under attack. If you're close enough to it, you might be able to get back in time to save your investment!
  • Options
    Resources are random and limited. Lets say they do implement said system to own a mine via freehold. After 3 weeks of mining, said resource will be depleted and will randomly spawn elsewhere.

Unless you own a vast area, controlled by your guild, your resource will have its limits.
  • Options
    Better option would be to close the mine off and just allow your guild to mine. Depending on supply and demand in the region, your guild could corner the market and drive prices up quite a bit.