Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Gliders In AoC?

Since traveling is mostly going to be time smashing down the w,s,a,d keys to move from point A to point B. Will we possibly be getting Gliders ?

Thoughts?

-Ravossel

Comments

• Options
    Yeas you will have glide mounts, but probbaly no items.
  • Options
    Glade to hear their will be such mounts.

I'll more then likely favor the flying mounts, but for RP reasons some one from city Nod may want to Craft a glider over having a flying mount.
  • Options
    I really hope not tbh. Gliders are the entire reason I didn't even give Archage a chance. It totally interferes will any kind of pvp class balance and honestly ruins the aesthetics of the game, imho. Just having a random glider appear out of nowhere that gives classes close to mount available speed at any time.

As an RP-PvPer I'd like to pass on such a concept.
  • Options
    Flying mounts will glide.
    They will also fly just above ground level to ensure they can not evade combat.

The most expensive mount in the kickstarter can glide the farthest.
    Make of that what you will.

Thats an exclusive mount.
    Its not pay2win...honest ...TRUST ME DAMN IT!
  • Options
    Gliders, and flying mounts would be both be aspects of the game.

Rangers, Druids, gathers, and so on would be more then likely have thees. While the Dwarfs being the craters they are, would have the Gliders.
  • Options
    [quote quote=23774]I really hope not tbh. Gliders are the entire reason I didn’t even give Archage a chance. It totally interferes will any kind of pvp class balance and honestly ruins the aesthetics of the game, imho. Just having a random glider appear out of nowhere that gives classes close to mount available speed at any time.[/quote]

Gliders have almost no bearing on PVP in AA; it's a shame that that's why you didn't give it a try.
    In fact (other than a specific OP worldboss glider and 1-2 others), gliders have zero roll in PVP and you kinda look like a knob using one in combat. There are TONS of better mobility options that embarrass the glider.

No, the main role of the glider in AA is exploration and enjoying the scenery from high up for 3 minutes at a time.
  • Options
    [quote quote=24283]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/gliders-in-aoc/#post-23774" rel="nofollow">Glory wrote:</a></div>
    I really hope not tbh. Gliders are the entire reason I didn’t even give Archage a chance. It totally interferes will any kind of pvp class balance and honestly ruins the aesthetics of the game, imho. Just having a random glider appear out of nowhere that gives classes close to mount available speed at any time.
    </blockquote>
    Gliders have almost no bearing on PVP in AA; it’s a shame that that’s why you didn’t give it a try.
    In fact (other than a specific OP worldboss glider and 1-2 others), gliders have zero roll in PVP and you kinda look like a knob using one in combat. There are TONS of better mobility options that embarrass the glider.

No, the main role of the glider in AA is exploration and enjoying the scenery from high up for 3 minutes at a time.

[/quote]

So you dont consider gliding past a whole swathe of potential ambushes and even open warfare and raging a battle ground has no bearing on PvP ?
    I strongly disagree with your appraisal
    :D