Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Server/Worlds Question

On different servers will the worlds be different as players develop them?

Comments

• Options
    Every server will, or should, have different worlds due to the different decisions, the building of nodes being random, and the types of nodes being developed growing at a different rate. Every server should be different unless we all have the exact mind. *insert gasps*
  • Options
    Yes. Steven has stated that every server will have their own story to tell based on the actions of the players on that server.
    You will then be able to talk and compare the different servers stories based on those actions.
  • Options
    That's very innovative. No other MMO does that as far as i know. Its seems like alot of what I've hoped for in an MMO since I was a kid. Looking forward to it
  • Options
    Some of the information out there also states that some events will have different (permanent?) consequences depending on how the event was handled. I believe the example was something like ' if you don't kill the dragon it will breath bad dragon fire all over the fields in that nodes' Zone of Influence'

So even if two Servers focused on the same Nodes and made the same decisions the outcomes could still be different.
  • Options
    So from all the information we have, the answer to your question is yes. People already have noted specifics but I feel I should also add that in several interviews, the theme of "Choice".

This means that for good or bad, the players seem to have control of where the cities are, where the vendors are, what city is the "capital" and therefore what events are triggered by the developments.

This excites me.
  • Options
    Although people might be getting the impression that each server is going to have a different land mass. The game's "World" is going to look like the same, only the content within the World is going to change. For example, if you played in a server that explored 50% of the World , and jump to another server, well you already know how to navigate 50% of the map. But what you won't know is 50% of the content you will encounter like ( quests, dungeons, chests, gathering materials, etc...).
  • Options
    I love the system its like Old School meets New School. Old School days was having different, large but limited player servers to choose from, usually within different regions of the world. As opposed to many games these days taking the New School approach of the "mega server" idea.

This will undoubtedly lead to servers looking very different from one to the next. It also sets up Intrepid Studios in a unique and advantageous position when releasing expansion content, conducting GM controlled world events etc.

The Node System will be something other games will try and emulate but its so revolutionary, they will be so far behind Ashes of Creation when doing it that I believe Ashes will become the new meta design for future games to follow.

This game is going to be a huge success ladies and gentlemen. Be thankful you are here early and able to part of its early creation stage.