Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Email and account creation

I tried to create an account using an aol.com email address but never get the verification email. I also try having the reset password link sent to me and I never receive that. I went ahead and created this account I'm logged in with using a gmail address and have no problems but I'd prefer to use the aol.com email as my primary. Is there a problem sending email to aol.com from your domain? Can someone assist?

Comments

• Options
    have you checked your spam folder? sometimes it gets sent to spam
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    I just created a new test account with a brand new aol.com email and it's the same thing. Never get the emails. Can you look into the logs on your email server to see if there's an error? Anyone else reporting issues using aol email addresses?
  • Options
    [quote quote=23064]I tried to create an account using an aol.com email address but never get the verification email. I also try having the reset password link sent to me and I never receive that. I went ahead and created this account I’m logged in with using a gmail address and have no problems but I’d prefer to use the aol.com email as my primary. Is there a problem sending email to aol.com from your domain? Can someone assist?

[/quote]

Hi LucidOne,

We've noticed that AOL doesn't play nice with our authentication service. We are looking into the matter and will let you know when we have an update, though.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Yaviey said:
    [quote quote=23064]I tried to create an account using an aol.com email address but never get the verification email. I also try having the reset password link sent to me and I never receive that. I went ahead and created this account I’m logged in with using a gmail address and have no problems but I’d prefer to use the aol.com email as my primary. Is there a problem sending email to aol.com from your domain? Can someone assist?

[/quote]

Hi LucidOne,

We've noticed that AOL doesn't play nice with our authentication service. We are looking into the matter and will let you know when we have an update, though.

It's been a month now and I just registered and you STILL have not gotten this problem fixed???

Like the OP, I also have AOL as my primary e-mail and set up a gmail account JUST to be able to post on the forum about this issue.

I also sent and e-mail to CS asking about this problem and interestingly, your automated response system had NO problem responding promptly to my AOL e-mail that my issue was (439) and I would be contacted asap (that was 2 days ago and still nothing).

So I have to ask why your automated response system CAN play nice with AOL but your activation response system can't? Really concerns me out of the gate that such a simple problem has not been solved by now.

• Options
    Redeemed! I don't know if my shaming above was the impetus behind the wheels moving but I mysteriously got an activation e-mail in my AOL mailbox mere hours after that post. Thank you.
  • Options
    How do you delete an account to re-create it to use your gaming name?
  • Options
    LucidOne has this issue been successfully resolved for you?
    thanks,
  • Options
    Hi i haven't heard back from you in regards to your issue being resolved, i'm going to go ahead and close the thread if your still having trouble with your account please open up a new thread or contact me or another moderator to help you out. 
This discussion has been closed.