Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node Wars ??

Hello everybody !

My Question is : Can one Node declare War on another ?(to creat a conflict between 2 regions)
If so , are all citizens involved in that war `? WHich i HOPE !
or can anybody choose to participate if they want to ?
Is the corruption system exposed for this period of time ?
KR J.M

Comments

• Options
    @juschmaster this was brought up in the last stream at least for guilds. I would think the leader of the node would be able to go to war with other nodes.
  • Options
    Guilds and castles I believe may be able to.
    Nodes....no. You must declare a siege and prepare.
    The amount of effort to destory it is commensurate with that required to build it.
    The cool down period is 10x the declaration period.
  • Options
    If your node is getting attacked or harassed by another node its probably in your best interest to participate in defending.
  • Options
    Yes but there are so many unknowns about large scale pvp, in one hand the company is saying that this game is an open world game with a pvp flag system and on the other you can have large scale battles like sieges in the midst of PVE zones? It's a little confusing how there going to manage this. For example, if there are pug groups out there that represent other guilds than the one the node represents, what's stopping them from questing within their zone of influence?

Like are you going to attack anyone that isn't in your guild that doesn't represents your node? And questing within your node's zone of influence? What if you don't know which guild he's a member of? Your going to go up to him and press wisper and ask him which guild your a member of? I understand that if you do activities within an enemy node's zone of influence, your only helping your enemy 's " war efforts" if you want to call it that by helping them grow their kingdom indirectly. But sometimes, your looking for that material that only is available in your enemy's territory.
  • Options
    Valerian beat me to my point because I didn't read his whole post! lol

There is likely going to be at least a mouse over on a character that will give some info. That isn't confirmed to my knowledge but makes sense if you want to have a PVP facilitating UI.
  • Options
    I don't think we will have to declare a war for node v node conflict.
    That will happen naturally as we vie for land and which villages will have room to become a town/city.
    Conflict will also occur as we view for resources and the positive impacts for one node result in negative impacts for other nodes.

Doing something in an enemy node may positively affect the node or negatively affect the node.
    Depends on what the specific objectives are.
  • Options
    There are no PvE zones. It's all PvP zones.
    Even the cities, except the cities might have guards that help curtail PvP combat a bit.
  • Options
    [quote quote=24009]I don’t think we will have to declare a war for node v node conflict.
    That will happen naturally as we vie for land and which villages will have room to become a town/city.
    Conflict will also occur as we view for resources and the positive impacts for one node result in negative impacts for other nodes.

Doing something in an enemy node may positively affect the node or negatively affect the node.
    Depends on what the specific objectives are.

[/quote]

I am not sure sure it is as simple as that. There may be some directed "quests" or "tasks" that are designed to aid you and weaken a certain Node. For the most part I believe that doing non directed things in a node will give xp to that Node. Would be a great set of questions for the next Twitch...
  • Options
    It's too easy to set up node v node conflict merely by harvesting/gathering for them to ignore the device.
    Again, the EQNext example is dark elves harvesting dryads in order to transmute their Live magic into Shadow energy.
    We can expect people from on node to want to gather resources from neighboring region that people in that region wish to maintain.
    I'm expecting to see scenarios where Summoning undead in a region causes more undead to spawn in that region...or however that works based on rival religions.
    One religion may be spreading blessings and shrines in some neighboring region that negatively affects the religious objectives of the local inhabitants.

We'll be doing stuff that negatively affects our neighbors without needing to declare war. Declaring war will be an attempt to put an end to those negative behaviors.
  • Options
    Just remember: The cover of a book can often make the book look better than it is. OR the Node interaction/reaction system could be a lot less than we read into it.

Not that I think it will not be great and revolutionary and all that. Just that it isn't easy to design the system they are describing with words, let alone the embellishments that we give those words in our eagerness...
  • Options
    Well to solve the issue about node vs node wars and Randons helping that are not in either the nodes I feel that pvp flag system will be part of it.
    Say x node is seiging y node.
    They can kill each other without penalty.
    If N person or group not part of either node tries to help kill and defend they will get that pvp penalty they mentioned for pking..
    Of course all speculation
  • Options
    PVP'ers tend to weaken the enemy in the best and effective way, and one of those ways that we've been told to do that is to attack caravans. If the community deems that this is the best way to go to war besides siege, then every other way will be trivial or limited activity at best.

Also, when your doing any activity in a node, your XP is also going to the development of that node. SO even there is a quest that you need to do to weaken the enemy, its counter productive if your XP is still going to the development of that node?
  • Options
    The leader of a Node can indeed declare war on another Node.. This however will not happen immediately as the defending side will get some time to mobilize and defend. I think we are talking a couple days here.
    The Node wars will be very important by the fact that there can only be a limited amount of Max Level Nodes (5 on the server) which means you will need to attack other Nodes to benefit your own.

A successful Siege of a Node can decrease its level, or destroy the Node completely, decreasing the level to 0 or 1 again.
  • Options
    [quote quote=24094]PVP’ers tend to weaken the enemy in the best and effective way, and one of those ways that we’ve been told to do that is to attack caravans. If the community deems that this is the best way to go to war besides siege, then every other way will be trivial or limited activity at best.

Also, when your doing any activity in a node, your XP is also going to the development of that node. SO even there is a quest that you need to do to weaken the enemy, its counter productive if your XP is still going to the development of that node?

[/quote]

So if the enemy are fighting on our patch....does that mean their activity helps with our nodes XP gain
    :D
  • Options
    [quote quote=24107]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/node-wars-2/#post-24094" rel="nofollow">Valerian wrote:</a></div>
    PVP’ers tend to weaken the enemy in the best and effective way, and one of those ways that we’ve been told to do that is to attack caravans. If the community deems that this is the best way to go to war besides siege, then every other way will be trivial or limited activity at best.

</blockquote>
    So if the enemy are fighting on our patch….does that mean their activity helps with our nodes XP gain
    ????

[/quote]

I think they will be fighting in one of their own nodes, did they mention if while we are st war and see each other in another enemies node we can attack them without penalty or is only in each other's nodes?
  • Options
    [quote quote=24102]The leader of a Node can indeed declare war on another Node.. This however will not happen immediately as the defending side will get some time to mobilize and defend. I think we are talking a couple days here.
    The Node wars will be very important by the fact that there can only be a limited amount of Max Level Nodes (5 on the server) which means you will need to attack other Nodes to benefit your own.

A successful Siege of a Node can decrease its level, or destroy the Node completely, decreasing the level to 0 or 1 again.

[/quote]

It was mentioned in a stream, that yes you can attack a node and the defending node will have between 2 days and a week to prepare, depending on the level of the node. The higher the level the more time to prepare. This is to be able to reallocate funds to defense and call for allies to assist.

However I think he may be referring to something similar to guild wars, where you are auto flagged for PvP with the warring guild, and wondering if citizens of opposing nodes would be flagged in open world, not just during a node defense/ siege.
  • Options
    if there is a war going on between 2 nodes ... does the corruption system expose for this time ?
    are all citizens of these nodes automatically involved in this conflict ?
    i really hope to see something like this.......
    Every society needs an enemy ...