Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Not to Expect

I heard on the recent live Q&A that there has been many things they have cut for the drawing board because of the scope of the project.
I was just wondering if anyone knew or if we could get an answer on what was cut from the drawing board and what might be thrown back to the game? Steven obviously has some great ideas with Jeffrey keeping their goals realistic (from what it sounds like), but I would like to hear more about what Steven would like in the future of MMORPGs.
Hope this made sense. Thanks

V/R
Tachyon14K

Comments

• Options
    They would never tell us that kind of thing, for obvious reasons.
  • Options
    Why can't they tell us what will not be in the game because of their scope? I just want to know what not to expect so another "NMS" happens.
    Please elaborate because it is not obvious to me. :(
    Thanks

V/R
    Tachyon14k
  • Options
    They won't tell us any of that because they are hyping the game to grab as much KS dollars as they can and setting proper expectations doesn't equal big hype.
  • Options
    .......well they did say last week that voice overs were at the bottom of the priority list. Id say that's one.
  • Options
    Okay! That's exactly the type of things I'm talking about. I know there's is a lot of videos and Q&As out there, but if anyone could just pitch in and say what features there will not be in AoC that be really nice.
    Thanks TickledPink!

V/R
    Tachyon14K
  • Options
    If they tell us what was cut a loud part of the community will start demanding said things later, or use it to complain, saying that the game would've been much better if they hadn't cut X or Y. We'll also see a bunch of demands to see X or Y in future expansions or patches. People will use the cut features to create false leaks, and outrage in the community will happen when said leaks are debunked. Then it'll start over again with them saying expansion X would've been much better if they had added cut feature X or Y. And then it continues on and on, creating a toxic community.