Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Citizen colors for large scale wars and other hostilities.

So, no fractions, got it, but will there be a way to basically fly your colors? Example, town X wants to harass town Y's harvesters/players etc. Town X has many players and they team up into roving bands and enter Town Y's territory. Will Town X players be able to quickly identify other Town X raiders? Same for the Town battles, will they join at be red named vs the rest of your citizens?

Comments

• Options
    No official factions.
    But, players will create their own factions. Most likely we will have guild colors and barding to help us recognize who's who in larger battles. But, also, we can't attack people in the same party, raid, guild or alliance.
  • Options
    Down with the numerators, the denominators shall prevail!

Seriously, it's a good question what visual aids will be used to show who is on what side. I would guess that citizen ship will play a large role in many of the conflicts, but it is unclear how this will affect players who join the battle that aren't apart of either side.

Easiest solution would be that you can see open conflicts for all nearby conflicts on a message board in town, and need to pick a side to gain any bonuses of victory. Or you could just go it solo, and get no extra rewards, but then both sides would see you as a flagged player that's not on there side, so good luck with those odds.
  • Options
    Great question and i would love to know the answer as well.
  • Options
    I'm guessing that Defenders will be one color name and Attackers will have a different color name; especially as you will have to declare yourself as defender or attacker.
  • Options
    I don't want just for sieges.
    I'm thinking caravan ambushes, resource area raids. Someone talks smack about your city, you pop your colors and bust them up. That type of thing. Would show more pride and sense of "being apart of".