Hail and good day!

So an introduction eh? Where do I begin.

I'm a UK based software dev, who has invested far far more time into MMOs than I'd care to admit. Started out with Ragnarok Online, moved onto WoW, then a load of FTP, FFXI, Age of Conan, Vanguard (so much potential, but felt rushed and unfinished) and then FFXV.

Honestly I'd spent ages talking to friends about what I'd like to see in an MMO, most of my suggestions were world building, economy, crafting etc. Really that's the reason I backed this project. All the ideas I wanted in an MMO, this game seems to have approached.

As for the game itself, I have no idea what I want to be. When I saw classes, my mind went straight to fighter and summoner.. With the secondary class system, it blew my mind and I need more info to make a decision.

Anyway, that's me. If you want to know anything else just ask.

Comments

• Welcome aboard from abroad!
  • Greetings!
    I am new myself and still looking around and learning the ropes!
    We have the same experience in what we're looking for in MMO's too it seems. I'm tired of the eastern P2W MMO so I'm excited to see a good/updated western MMO even If it will be sub based I'm ready for it!
  • Welcome to the party!
  • HEy hey welcome to forums, I personally only
    Been on forums for a couple days and I can't seem to stay off of them.
    The information and speculation idealistic Topics never end and each day has new gems to read!
    So addicted already!
    Enjoy!
  • Thanks for the welcome folks, just catching up on the livestreams at the moment (or the ones I can find)

Just wondering if they have a podcast version anywhere I can download and listen to when I'm meant to be working.
  • Welcome Traveler!!!! Wow you played a lot of mmos the most I really played was WOW for about 11 years couldnt really get into much mmo's ( wow consumed my soul xD )

and this game has alot of ideas I even thought about my self!! so really looking forward to making the vision come real like most people in this community!!!

And the classes system blows my mind Never personally thought of this!!! the combinations you can make O.o make my head spin

" As for as podcast I've not seen anything you can always go on their twitch or youtube and find a previous video and just minimize it and listen to the audio !! "

Info down below!!
  • Only reason i've played so many is because of how picky I am. I'd generally try them for a month or two and decide they weren't for me, or that the game is dying from lack of support. It's a shame too, a lot of those MMOs had some brilliant ideas, but were let down in other areas.

The biggest thing I look for in games is choice and customization. It's what threw me off a lot of the f2p mmos. A lot of them have basic model changes, but you still look the same as 1/4 of players your race, and have a single class progression meaning you have to master a specific rotation to get max DPS and if you want to play your way you're a noob.

I'm honestly hoping with the amount of variety here that won't be the case with ashes of creation. It does seem like it ticks all the boxes.
  • Customization is Huge!!!! to me I agree I gotta look different or its like whats the point!!

they did say they plan to have a huge variety of customization which I'm looking forward to see

as well as the certain combos you have to do in order to do max dps I admit that was annoying
    that's why the 2nd class can really break that whole rotation thing hopefully :)

One thing I found a huge interest in this game is they are really working to make your character unique and different then most classes even if your the same example

fighter/mage you can have a different flavor then the other fighter/mage
  • That's one of the things that drew me in.

I'd also love it if they had skill trees for each main class too. More Ragnarok Online quality than WoW quality.

So say you chose to be a fighter. Have a tree for sword and board, another for 2 handed weapons and another for polearms or something. Doesn't even need to be separate trees either. It could just be a point investment, with certain skills giving a bonus to other skills.

So say I chose fighter, I could invest early on in polearm skill which boosts damage with all polearms and polearm skills. Unlocking that unlocks a number of other polearm skills to invest in, which may have boosts to other skills, or unlock futher skills. I should probably move that into the mechanics discussion. :P
  • Do it!!!! Sounds awesome I remember in vanilla in WOW they had a skill system not as advance as you said!

if you fight unarmed your skill for unarmed will rise up and the higher the lvl is the harder you hit

But yours sound way more cooler then that lets you be more unique

• Welcome to the Ashes of Creation forums!

If you need anything, don't hesitate to send me a PM or add me on Discord (Sarumonin#2103) for anything related to Ashes of Creation. 

Make sure to take a glance at our Code of Conduct and FAQs:

Community Guidelines & Code of Conduct

Technical Support FAQ

Customer Service FAQ