Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hello from England!

Hey Everyone,

I am Calum, an MMO fanatic. Over the years I have played around 15 MMOs, mostly World of Warcraft that I have played for almost 10 years.

I am also a professional Games Programmer and also a University Student doing a degree in Computer Games Programming so hoping to find some useful information and mmo development around here :)

Really looking forward to the game!

Comments

• Options

Welcome to the Ashes of Creation forums!

If you need anything, don't hesitate to send me a PM or add me on Discord (Sarumonin#2103) for anything related to Ashes of Creation. 

Make sure to take a glance at our Code of Conduct and FAQs:

Community Guidelines & Code of Conduct

Technical Support FAQ

Customer Service FAQ

• Options
    Welcome!!!!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community, Callum. I think you'll find a spot for yourself quite easily - everyone seems so friendly and supportive, it almost feels like a dream :)
  • Options
    Hello and welcome to the Ashes community Calum \o 
  • Options
    Welcome to the community o/
  • Options
    *Fills the forum with bunting and waves union flag around enthusiastically to welcome @Calum.McManus before feeling far too embarrassed about open shows of patriotism and hiding in shame*

Welcome welcome!

There's quite a few of us English around... a fair few scots I've noticed dancing around celebrating and at least two very vocal welshies... (naming no names, you know all know exactly who you are...)

I'm guessing that the most exciting part of this for yourself is the potential to get in on the ground floor with an MMO of this originality, especially when the developers and team are one of the most vocal and accessible to the community that have been seen in such a long time.

So what's your one long term goal with programming, what is the one thing you'd love to be able to achieve?

• Options
    Croeso/welcome fellow Brit! :)
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

@Megs my dream has always been to create a MMO that is about the world its self not just the player. Where every action has a world side consequence, for example if a high level group start killing too many thing in low level zones that race might call apon its armies to reclaim the area increasing the level of that zone and in the most extreme case even becoming a raid level zone. Could even use this to lure out chiefs of the clans taking up the zone.

Also no factions, the ability to take sides as you see fit or even stay neutral if possible. Basically a full living fantasy world where you are just part of it but can also have a huge impact! 
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

@Megs my dream has always been to create a MMO that is about the world its self not just the player. Where every action has a world side consequence, for example if a high level group start killing too many thing in low level zones that race might call apon its armies to reclaim the area increasing the level of that zone and in the most extreme case even becoming a raid level zone. Could even use this to lure out chiefs of the clans taking up the zone.

Also no factions, the ability to take sides as you see fit or even stay neutral if possible. Basically a full living fantasy world where you are just part of it but can also have a huge impact! 
    Welcome to the community, Calum!  It's a shame you're not in San Diego.  Sounds like Ashes of Creation is your dream game to work on.  :)
  • Options
    Hiya!   Welcome!  

I wanted to be a game programmer for a bit there...then I realized that heavy programming just isn't in the books for me.  I wish you well with it!!
  • Options
    Chears love, the Calvary is here.