Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

"Joining *a* thieves guild" Thoughts from the Stream.

My mind might be running wild. God I love sandbox concepts. When talking about chat channels at the end of DeathProxy's live stream he specifically used the article "a" .. As in, implying there may be multiple thieves guilds.

... I personally haven't played the Thieves Guild content in ESO. But I'm confident it's story driven.

What if the social thieves guilds are just a framework for a different guild type rather than just a story driven "Guild" which is just a story faction within the game.

What could this look like?

For example, perhaps you must steal a major artifact from a city to even START a thieves guild. Perhaps fencing becomes a profession, since we have no clue what being a 'Thief' would even entail since they've confirmed no stealing from other players outside of PKing.

Perhaps you can special benefits within a node, access to special pathways no other guild type can use, specific NPC types.

I would really like to see them be a unique guild type. I've always wanted guilds in games to be varying based on guild type - Like Tribes/Clans have different benefits than Trade/Raid or other types.

I dunno. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    Stealing would have to have a purpose that somehow ties into their four pillars. . . I think the thieves guild(s) might even conflict with one another, would be interesting to see thieves stealing from thieves.

Maybe unique options for caravans.