Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A Broken Post to the topic " No More Static Crafting? "

((( For sum Reason the current forum system would not allow me to post in " No More Static Crafting " topic. ))

@ wesleybruce

Thank you, <em>

If it's worth while, then I'll speak/type out, on what's on my mind.

<blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/no-more-static-crafting/page/2/#post-24924">Valenores wrote:</a></div>That is a very interesting idea . . . but what about the fact that lighting typically creates fires and fires burn down woods; could it possibly be immersion breaking to go around AoE a forest for wood, or cave for gems?
I could see it instead “enchanting” it with an attribute?</blockquote>

You are partly correct.

In Dry averments like Deserts, Dry grass planes, or lands that have experienced a drought. Would be in danger if/when lighting strikes, but dead, and dry trees can be come aflame.

Wet / Damp averments, green / living trees, and other assorted plant life would not easily burn. Yes even a ever green tree like Pine trees would not burst into flame when struck by lighting.
Like in real life a Pine tree changes when it's hit by lighting. The sap in the core of the tree crystalizes, becoming lighter knot. Unlike in the real world, their is a large amount of " magic ".

For your immersion braking, not at all.

Towns need wood to build, wood comes from logs, and logs from trees that were cut down by lumber jacks.
Cities need stone bricks to grow, comes from raw stone, is mind from caves / stone quarys / moutons.
Jewelers need gems, and rare metals, for their craft.

Now on another note.

Given their is a lot of magic in the world, and world events that effect the world in more then one way. Why would their not be Raw rare too Unquie materials, that were affected by such magics ?

@ Valenores

Such Unquie raw materials (( " enchanted, imbued " )) may not have the given states, nor would the prosed Raw Materials. The Items and gear that were crafted from such raw materials would have these states, in addition to what could be enchanted upon the items normally.

This would be one way to place Craft able end game gear on the same level that a world boss may or may not drop, or be found in it's nest / lair.

--Ravossel