Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Instanced PVE in Ashes of Creation

Hello,

I've been a competitive PVE player on World of Warcraft for about 10 years now and have questions regarding the design for PVE. I have found much information on Ashes of Creation from a variety of sources including Twitch, Youtube, and these forums, but I want to be sure I'm updated on the current plan for PVE.

Has it been said specifically whether Ashes of Creation will have instanced raids and dungeons in a controlled group format? If so, have any specifics been given on the number of players dungeons and raids will be for? For example, in World of Warcraft dungeons are tuned for 5 players, normal and heroic flexible raids are based on players from a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 30, and mythic raids are tuned for 20 players.

In addition, will there be different difficulty levels for instanced dungeons and raids or perhaps some other design like activating a more difficult version of a boss encounter? As an example, in World of Warcraft's raid Ulduar, boss encounters could be changed from normal to hardmode level difficulty by players purposefully making the encounter more difficult while the normal boss was being fought. A good example of this was the Freya encounter, where players could leave up to 3 keepers up the entire fight and deal with the additional mechanics while fighting Freya herself to complete the encounter on hardmode difficulty.

I'm not much of a fan of MMOs that are primarily PVP games with the only source of PVE being uncontrolled open world bosses, so it would be great to know any specifics if they have been stated anywhere or if any developers wish to elaborate.

Thanks