Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[speculation] Rogue combined with different subclasses

In general (without specifics):

Rogue / Archer - rogue gets extended range on some skills, effectively becoming a medium range rogue

Rogue / Tank - rogue gets some short duration mitigation procs added to his attacks

Rogue / Warrior - rogue gets extra damage added to his attacks through added bleeds and extra armor penetration

Rogue / Mage - rogue gets extra damage added to his attacks through added magical damage, sets target on fire (dots) etc.

Rogue / Healer - rogues attacks get some self heal, and leech procs

Rogue / Bard - rogues attacks get party support procs, short duration group buffs, and target debuffs

Rogue / Summoner - rogues attacks have a chance to spawn an extra creatures attacking his target (perhaps his own clone)

Rogue / Rogue - rogues attacks have a chance to proc an extra CC, or to re-proc a stealth (even if main stealth is on CD)

<strong>Am not sure if double class will be a thing. Anyone knows?</strong>

Comments

• As far as I know Intrepid hasn't said whether dual classing will simply give your current class access to abilities from another class - so Rogue/Rogue would effectively do nothing - or if adding the second class will add unique enhancements to each base class as you've outlined.

Personally I'd like to see it as you've suggested where say a Ranger taking Mage as a second class could add elemental magic damage to their arrows or gain a short range teleport escape ability rather than only gaining access to a few abilities from the Mage ability tree.
  • They have said base class abilities would be modified depending on subclass you take.

They gave an example where warrior is charging an enemy and dealing knock back on arrival with classic charge but when taking a mage as subclass warriors charge gets enhanced / modified by becoming teleport towards target ending with same knock back, eliminating travel time (opportunity to be CCed while charging).

So knowing that base abilities do indeed get modified, I've speculated what kind of general modification we may expect for rogue depending on hat subclass will be chosen.

Am only not sure if a class can chose same subclass, so rogue / rogue for example.
  • Yes, taking the same class twice is a thing and it's supposed to make you better at that classes role.

For your rogue/summoner, we were given a warrior/summoner example a while back where a forward slash attack would be changed so a summoned sword swings in front of the warrior. I'd assume that a rogue/summoner would work similar where his attacks would be done by summoned objects.

If i remember correctly, the predator class that was shown in the recent video is a rogue/ranger but it's hard to see how ranger really augmented the rogue abilities without knowing what the rogues original abilities are.
  • They also said recently that they've only described the class as simple ones so that every player can understand, but that it wont exactly be like that but derived from it most likely. (As Rogue wont be exactly rogue but Hunter for example, but since the more difficult/specific the class name is, the more details will be needed to comprehend it, so they leave it as Rogue for now).