Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Explorer Skill

So it is Friday, 3:47pm and I have some time to kill at work… I have no idea if the Devs have anything like this in mind but I figure I might as well day dream about what I would want in an Explorer Skill for AoC.

Explorer Skill

Earn experience while you roam the vast world of AoC. Discover amazing Points of Interest, new wildlife and the vast plants and trees of the world. As you gain experience you open up new skills to help you navigate and understand the world around you.

Another benefit of leveling your Explorer Skill is unlocking Campsite Tiers. The Campsite will allow you to take a break from your exploring to rest and enjoy a meal, and the higher tier campsites will support larger groups of explorers and travelers you may meet on your journey.

Campsites
Tier 1 Basic campfire with a bedroll and related camping items.

Tier 2 Campfire with cooking tools, small tent and related camping items.

Tier 3 Large campfire with cooking tools, large tent and related camping items.

Tier 4 Chuck wagon, large bonfire, large tents and related camping items.

Features of the campsites can include buffs for players and visitors based on the amount of time they spend resting at the campsite and buffs from eating the food provided. The larger campsites may also include NPCs that can provide basic items and services.

The campsites can also be skinned to relate to the different races of AoC and even be themed for your Guild.

Well that helped kill about 30 minutes of my day..

Maddstone

Comments

• Options
    Definitely a good idea, but I'd say no, because the first players will be have to do an immidiate investment, because, in case you had forgotten, the world is empty
  • Options
    They will have a campfire system (a smaller version of a tavern system).

As to the details, I have no clue. I think you have a nice system going.
  • Options
    I like the basic idea.
    You can enhance it with night time bug attack mitigation.
    Small fires keep frequent low damage beasts at bay.
    But although bigger fires keep away the weaker frequent beasties.....they also attract the much larger and considerably more dangerous rather infrequent ones.

So how much do you want to draw attention to yourself ?
    :D
  • Options
    @Maddstone ... And this is why I'm hoping that the Devs at least consider its Community's Ideas ^~^
  • Options
    Well during Wednesday's Q&A my question of "will we have camping" was answered with a yes by Steven, it is just my hope that it is more than just a simple campfire you throw down. Of course it is early in the dvelopment stage of things so it is up to us to continue to make these suggestions and if / when a post sees a lot of traffic hopefully it will catch a Devs eye. I will continue to create random threads of ideas I have of things I want to see in game and encourage everyone to do the same and support other threads that you feel strongly about. The Dev team wants to build a game that the community will support so I really feel our voice will be heard, especially in areas where we make the most "noise".

Maddstone