Another wanderer of the Ashes

Greetings, fellow travelers. Rhoqaro is the name, the Hewer is how they call me, and an adventurer is what I am. Just another wanderer, curious to learn more about these fascinating lands.

I came across this project totally by chance, and I have to admit it quite impressed me. As a long time videogame player and RPG paramour, I've played quite a few MMOs back in the days. However, one day, I reluctantly decided to walk away from the MMORPG universe. I was rather embittered by the gaming experience, more than by anything else.

This is not meant to say that there aren't good, challenging or amusing online games out there. The problem for me is that I've never experience a game able to let the players tell the tales <em>they intended to write</em>. There was no plot, no narration, nothing saying that the players were playing the game and not the other way around. Gameplay boundaries sometimes are enough to undermine passion and immersion, and for me this is what always happened. I had enough of theme park MMOs, and sandbox game were not ready to take flight yet.

All this happened some years ago, but luckily there are many promising sandbox project around right now. This one in particular caught my attention for a number of reasons. I've surely have a lot of questions, and I'm impatient to have them answered...but I will wait, and see what happens. For now, I can undoubtedly say that the AOC project has strike a cord.

What else can I tell about myself? I'm decisively a community guy, not a hardcore player but a caring one. I'm not particularly interested in achieve goals on my own: not aiming to become the strongest, the richest or the whatever-est. What I really crave is to be part of a group, a strong community, to share the same goal and to strive to reach it together. It doesn't really matter too much what is the purpose is... as long as I can really make the difference, and help my fellow brothers and sisters to reach it.

That's all for now, I guess. I truly hope to have the chance to be involved in some discussion here in this forum, and to meet other dreamers and madmen as I am.
All the best, fellow wanderers. May the light always cast your shadows away.

<em>Rhoqaro the Hewer</em>

Comments

• Welcome. I think this may have the potential to be your game. I like the community here so far.
  • Hello and welcome! ❤️
  • Welcome!
  • A fine welcome to you, wanderer!
  • Welcome Traveler!! This is definitely the game for you! A lot of PVE content!

Glad to have along the hype! train :P

little about meh xD

I'm 21 years old and I'm a Hardcore gamer. I prefer playing video games that I can play online. But that's not to say that you can't find me playing a single player game offline. I'm pretty laid back about things. I'm just here to play and have some fun.

Info below!!! ( if you really want to dive into the community Discord is where its at link down below! )

• Welcome to the Ashes of Creation forums!

If you need anything, don't hesitate to send me a PM or add me on Discord (Sarumonin#2103) for anything related to Ashes of Creation. 

Make sure to take a glance at our Code of Conduct and FAQs:

Community Guidelines & Code of Conduct

Technical Support FAQ

Customer Service FAQ