Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

TO THE DEVS ON THE COMBAT SYSTEM

I've been playing MMO's since I was a youngin and I'm completely burnt out on them today. Just like the devs stated in their promo video nothing is good anymore and for everyone it seems their reasons are different. But for me and all of my friends what we are tired of is the lackluster combat and lack of competitiveness in MMO's today. I get that you are giving players good incentive to pvp but that means nothing if the pvp experience sucks. We're tired of pvp where you win based on stats or builds. We want pvp where you win based off who is the better player not who has more free time.

We're completely over the tab target combat system. It's boring. It's slow. AoC Devs please if you want to reach players like us give your game an action combat system; and not a half assed action combat system like Tera or Guild Wars 2. Give it a true action combat system where the player can freely control their character's movements and attacks like games like continent of the ninth, blade and soul, and black desert. Make your combat fast paced and exciting where those with a faster reaction time have an edge. Make it one where those with better coordination and better inputs are better fighters. It doesn't have to be 100% like a fighting game but at least make it a system where mechanics and techniques matter more than what gear you're wearing or what skills you picked.

I've tried guild wars 2 and quit because the combat is more about gear and builds like every older mmo that i'm burnt out on. I've tried and quit black desert because even though it has action combat, it still comes down to who has better stats and the mechanics aren't technical enough to matter. I enjoyed a game like continent of the ninth where a lv29 could beat a lv67 just by being a better player. If you make your game in that way it would be amazing and I'd lose myself in it. Thanks.