Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Reincarnation system

What do you think about reincarnation system? It was implemented in my favourite mmo (DDO) and I thought I'd love to see this system in the next game I play.
To explain it easily -> When you achieve max level you can do 2 things:
a) play at max level
b) when you're bored with a) you can reincarnate and start at lvl 1.

This allows you to change everything besides your gender. You class/race/skills, all of that gets resetted . Your inventory items are stored in "reincarnation bank" of sorts and wait for you to pick them up.
Additionally, you gain a small bonus depending on who you were in your previous life (primary class in AoC).

For example: a rogue would get +1 sec to stealth duration, or a little bit more sneak attack damage etc.
I really liked this system as it allowed you to focus on 1 character and play through all content and classes with him.
Max. past life bonus stacking could be 1-2, so people do not go for 10x past life of the same class to get insane boosts.
And there was additional benefit for having all class past lifes on one character.

Being able to reincarne required playing some of the end-game content - like any raid or epic dungeon - to get items needed to reincarnate, but it didnt take a lot of time to get them.

I'm not sure if it could work in Ashes of Creation I do know it can be a great thing in themepark mmo. I thought I'll just post this idea here and see your reactions and opinions.

If leveling is supposed to be fun in AoC then I'd probably like to play through easier/lower level quests more than only once and in different nodes perhaps to fully experience the world.
I think it would also encourage people to get to know all classes and play with them even if only once.

It would also make it easier to fix early game mistakes,
You chose summoner for your first class and after getting halfway to max level you start feeling you do not like it at all?
You lose nothing! Just hit max level and reincarnate and try something else. Your time is not wasted and you do not have to delete character and start over. You are also encouraged to level it to the end.
Who knows, maybe you'll like this class on higher levels, skills change.

I'd like to hear what you guys think about it.
Be forgiving about language mistakes please, English is not my native language.