Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions from a non-streamer:

I won't be getting chosen for a Q&A, so I'm going to post my questions here for public discussion, and/or future Q&A folks to choose from. I'll update it as more occur to me:

1. Now that we have the Water Mount, will we be able to fish from it, or will that still require a boat?

2. Will our Game and UI settings be saved on the Server so that if we have to re-install, we don't have to waste time getting everything setup again?

3. Will we see Events triggered by a character's Skin, Outfit, or gear? For example:
(A) My node is at war with yours, will I will be kill on sight there unless I disguise myself?
(B) Let's say I find a Goblin cave. Can I wear a Goblin outift to pass through unmolested?
(C) In the Underrealm, will there be creatures that won't attack me if I'm carrying a light source?
(D) If I set my Freehold as a "holy place", (since my Paladin will be running his own congregation) will folks wearing the Deamon Skin catch on fire coming onto my property?

4. Speaking of which, instead of a "Guild", can I run a Congregation and gain benefits from a Divine Node? As in, can I build a Freehold Church and make that my offering to increasing the Nodes power? Which would, in turn, benefit me as a citizen.

5. Will we be able to open up "area voice chat" for just within our Freehold?

6. If my Freehold is sitting within the area of influence of multiple Nodes, will:
(A) The game decide which I benefit from.
(B) I get to decide which to benefit from.
(C) Will I gain benefits from both?

7. I understand that the mechanic of the game is being built to persuade constant change. But how do you forsee keeping that gimmick alive in say, five years once the community has grown accustomed to having things a certain way? That is to say, after individual players, and Guilds, have found their footing or their niche, and decided everything's good like it is.

8. Will the Underground race be Salamander People?

Comments

• Options
    Below is only my speculation:

1. Likely no because you usually need to stand on solid ground to fish, and you usually can't use profession skills on mounts

2. Hopefully yes. Also hoping we will be able to "load UI settings" from one alt and import to another alt.

3. A. your GUILD tag will likely be enough for that if guilds are at war, though clothes with guild emblems would certainly make you more noticeable

3. B. no idea, but if i had to wage a guess, I'd lean to no

3.C. too early to tell, could be cool in some situations

4. Divine nodes will offer benefits to all it's citizens, that's for sure. Will there be a "per player" way to increase said benefits we don't know yet.

5. I doubt we will get a "true" proximity VoIP, it will most likely be implemented for raids and parties and guilds, perhaps some custom channel for personal use with friends. You could simulate a Freehold chat (or any other area chat) with your custom channel I guess.

6. A.B.C. I think influence of different nodes does not intersect, so no issue here

7. This is not up to developers, it is up to community of players to decide who they wish to run things, and if any guild will not like how things look, they are free to fight to change them.

8. I have no idea who those people are. If I had to say who from already noted races will spend time underground it would be one of dwarf races.
  • Options
    Howdy!! Let me try to answer some of them for ya best I can

Realize the game is still in Pre-alpha so not all answers have been answered and are still probably being discussed and has yet to be revealed

1. Now that we have the Water Mount, will we be able to fish from it, or will that still require a boat

- Good Question! I don't believe so I think your going to need a boat

2. Will our Game and UI settings be saved on the Server so that if we have to re-install, we don’t have to waste time getting everything setup again?

- Probably yes? if the UI/HUD is in the setting and not an Add on to the game ( I think it follow the Skills bars if you set them in an order it wont change the next time you log in )

3. Will we see Events triggered by a character’s Skin, Outfit, or gear? For example:

(A) My node is at war with yours, will I will be kill on sight there unless I disguise myself?

- They Said their be a option whether you should help fight or not for example you log in the node and its getting attacked , Something will probably pop up in your screen saying Do you wish to help fight! etc... ( Probably still be discussed)

(B) Let’s say I find a Goblin cave. Can I wear a Goblin outift to pass through unmolested?

-As a disguise Hmm that be interesting :P Not sure Their might be quest you can find that will allow you to disguise your self to be untrackable and such

(C) In the Underrealm, will there be creatures that won’t attack me if I’m carrying a light source?

-Probably Bats xD Their hasn't been any topic talking about the Underrealm yet.

(D) If I set my Freehold as a “holy place”, (since my Paladin will be running his own congregation) will folks wearing the Demon Skin catch on fire coming onto my property?

-BEST QUESTION EVER!!! 10/10 made me laugh so hard!!! God I hope so , but unfortunately I don't think that will happen because it be considered as a cosmetic armor peace really.

4. Speaking of which, instead of a “Guild”, can I run a Congregation and gain benefits from a Divine Node? As in, can I build a Freehold Church and make that my offering to increasing the Nodes power? Which would, in turn, benefit me as a citizen.

- You can Role play a Congregation as far as having benefits from a node has yet to be revealed!

5. Will we be able to open up “area voice chat” for just within our Freehold?
    - VOIP proximity will be a thing So I heard! ( talking to people through mic that's around you )

6. If my Freehold is sitting within the area of influence of multiple Nodes, will:
    - They did discuss this a little on a live Q&A where ever you set your free hold their could be a bonus stat like if you set your freehold near a river etc....

Its still be discussed though and nodes are split between little peaces of lands so if you want to set a freehold you be tied to 1 node not any other's

7. I understand that the mechanic of the game is being built to persuade constant change. But how do you forsee keeping that gimmick alive in say, five years once the community has grown accustomed to having things a certain way? That is to say, after individual players, and Guilds, have found their footing or their niche, and decided everything’s good like it is.

-Great question!!! can't really answer that one

8. Will the Underground race be Salamander People?
    - I hope so!

Hope this helps!!!
    Thanks for sharing your questions !!

Also suggest you pick a favorite question on post it on this forum!!

<a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-24-2017/">May 24 Q&A </a>