Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I have some ideas about guilds

Since i love guilds as a whole and love the aspect of getting together with friends or even meeting new people that could be potential long term friends. I have an idea or if these are gonna already be implamented let me know ^_^

1. Guild recognition things such as cloaks tabberds ect ect. They should have some level of customization Not as much as importing new things into the guild logo itself. But more like Trim changes, Like a tribal lining around the logo or around the edge to make it unique. Logo location, Example of this would be imagine a cloak, Instead of the guild logo being in the middle of it you can move it to be the upper middle or the bottom corner of a cloak. If many people play the game logos may overlap but with different names so logo location on guild representation could increase the amount of uniqueness there is to guild equipment or rep.(by customization like the guild leader customizes it then when the guild members wear it, THATS what they all wear, just to clearify)

2. Guild wars. I love the idea of fighting another guild whether it be zerg v zerg or the fight over a node. I love the idea of strategy, I love the thought of outplaying a larger or better guild by sheer ability to work together or execution of their mistakes, I remember hearing there would be collision so i wanted to suggest the idea of formations, basically small buffs given to players or groups in wars or sieges that have buffs and debuffs. The best example i could give on this would be 10 tanks shields forward face the enemy, Projectiles do 10% less dmg to them and 5% behind them if they go through them, So if a penatrating arrow from a theif ranger hits a tank it will do 90 dmg to the tank and 95 to the warrior behind him. the debuff to this formation would be from behind, IF flanked by a number greater than half the formations frontline (lets just use 10 tanks only for this to make it easy) If you are flanked by 6 thiefs they will do 10% more dmg to those said tanks.)

3. Scouting, Especially in guild wars or sieges. The ability to send someone with some trinket or ability wether it be guild or self taught ability, To ping the map where an army is. One of the big things in guild wars 2 is knowledge and vision, knowing where the enemy is going to siege the castle helps Majorly in defending it better and preparation.

4. This one is my personal favorite, but what if the idea of trophy rewards, Just as it sounds. A big dragon attacks a node some place on the map. The guild gets together in time to go defend it. and kill the dragon. THEY GET A GIANT ASS DRAGON HEAD TO TAKE BACK TO THE GUILD HALL AND MOUNT IT INSIDE ON THE THRONE ROOM and on the outside to show off how badass they wer to take down this MIGHTY beast. Though i personally dont know how it would work in terms of rewarding guilds with these said trophies because if multiple guilds participate you might have to go off which guild did the most dmg or contributed the most.

5. custom guild ranks. I know this sounds a bit trivial. But guild wars 2 is the best example of this i can think of. They have roles and privilages that the guild leader can assign and give to members of the guild. its just something small but its a nice touch to prevent someone from joining a guild ascessing something as a recruit and not being able to stop them from Joining and taking something then leaving. (in short just make it to were we can alter privilages to new comers to prevent taking of items or trolling of the guild or sabotage)

If you read all the way through, Thank you and i would love feed back or if any of these have been confirmed or if there is another way they are going to do it so i can have complete clearification!
And i hope you have a really good day :D keep up the good work intrepid im following this game to the end no matter what!

Comments

• Options
    <blockquote>1. Guild recognition things such as cloaks tabberds ect ect.</blockquote>

Guild capes are in the kickstarter as a reward for a certain amount of money. I'm not sure if there's gonna be another way to get them (maybe via cash shop)?

<blockquote>2. Guild wars.</blockquote>

Yup, it looks like they're adding this. They've talked about capturing castles, and then putting those castles to siege. Additionally, I'm sure that guilds will defend during Node sieges and such. There might also be a guild mechanic to declare war on another guild, although I'm not sure if we've gotten confirmation on that, specifically.

<blockquote>3. Scouting</blockquote>

There will be no fast travel (except for a few highly limited cases, like if you have a Scientific Metropolis), so I'm sure that having good scouts will come in huge.

<blockquote>4. This one is my personal favorite, but what if the idea of trophy rewards,</blockquote>

Not yet confirmed, although this does sound cool.

<blockquote>5. custom guild ranks.</blockquote>

Yes there will be custom guild ranks, and yes, guild leaders will have a lot of leeway in assigning responsibilities, positions, and powers to guild members
  • Options
    1: Like @1pwny said their is rewards on the kickstarter for guild capes I believe its in the " Leader of Men package 1,000 "
    However theses capes will just come with a kickstarter exclusive design like trims lines on the edges or something like that

But!! I pretty sure you will be able to get something similar to that anyways in game with out having to back the pledge!!!
    ( just those's certain ones will be kickstarter exclusive!! )

Design the cloaks etc... Nothing have been revealed to us about it ( Game still in Pre-Alpha) but I think that be cool to really Design the cloak!

2: I don't know about the buffs, But yes there will be guild wars!! and a tank standing in front of a enemy taking damage is a thing!

3: Again like 1pwny said Scouts will play a huge role and their will be no fast travel system so They will probably have to manually send word back! to the leader's.

OR if you haven't seen the video "The predator Class" At the end of the video the Rogue/ranger shoots up a Firework/flare up into the air!!! Singling Their Troops to began the siege
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehx6mQ-EiW4

4: I believe they said something like this where if you hunt and kill a deer etc.. you can put its head in your home on top of the fire place! If They discussed this I pretty sure the Dragon might be a thing as well!

5: like 1pwny said their will be ranks that the guild leader can assign to certain member's , but their can only be 1 Guild leader!

Hope this helps Glad to have ya along the Hype Train!!!

Info down below! ( Want to dive into the community join the Discord)
  • Options
    Il post more ideas as they come, But these are great answers thank you <3
  • Options
    Yeah np I'm subscribe so every post will go to my email :P so ill try to answer then the best I can!